Connect with us

Latest News

‘Five years ago people were writing Rafael Nadal off, while…’, says top coach

Published

on

‘Five years ago people were writing Rafael Nadal off, while…’, says top coach

The bubble of the Australian Open is doubled: a group of 50 people, led by the three best players of the ATP and WTA circuits, will quarantine in Adelaide, 654 kilometers away from Melbourne, the city of the Australian Open where the rest of the 1000 participants (between players and members of their respective teams) will spend the two weeks of self-isolation – the overall transport will include 18 charter flights departing from seven cities.

 

 

The top three players of both rankings (Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Thiem on one side, Barty, Halep and Osaka on the other) will certainly be part of this group, and presumably their training partners (including Sinner, Rafa’s partner.

 

 

 

) will be aggregated in turn. At the end of the quarantine (which will take place in the same way as that of Melbourne), the Top 3 ATP and WTA (and perhaps others too) will play an exhibition tournament between 29 and 30 January before moving to Melbourne, where they will participate.

 

 

 

 

to their respective preparation tournaments. The news had been previewed by various Austrian media following the advances of Wolfgang Thiem, father of the Dominator and head of the Austrian expedition for the ATP Cup, but was confirmed only in the night Craig Tiley, CEO of Tennis Australia, who also confirmed that the Happy Slam will be open to 50-75 percent of the usual audience capacity.

 

 

 

On a recent podcast, top coach Roger Rasheed argued that Roger Federer is second to none when it comes to his all-round contribution to tennis.

 

 

Rasheed reflects on the GOAT debate
Roger Rasheed believes that even though Roger Federer can still win another Wimbledon title, the 39-year-old isn’t as invested in that as he is in winning the elusive Olympics singles gold medal.

 

 

“If he snags another Major, probably Wimbledon’s the one,” Rasheed added. “French Open is tough physically, and demanding. So yeah, so if he snags another one, that’d be outstanding. Is he hunting it down aggressively? Probably not.

 

 

Would he want to win an Olympic Gold? Yes, that would sort of close his book on everything”. The Australian also feels that it is a matter of time before Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic go past Roger Federer’s tally of 20 Grand Slams, given that they both have age on their side.

 

 

“You gotta be well aware and understand that Novak’s a lot younger in age so you feel that the 3 Grand Slams are going to be chased down,” Rasheed continued. “Novak Djokovic’s definitely put it on his agenda.

 

 

Rafael Nadal’s gonna be around a little bit longer as well. Five years ago people were writing him off, saying his body is finished, well he looks just as strong now”.

Hi , I'm Sola Olabintan the founder of World celebrities zone. My vision is to bring you an update on happening around the world. Update on Global news , politics ,Education , Entertainment , Sports , Gospel , Finance and every aspect of life.

Latest News

Roger Federer makes massive retirement statement ahead of return

Published

on

Roger Federer has opened up about retirement on the eve of his long-awaited return to the ATP tour.

The 39-year-old, who has needed two operations to correct a long-standing knee issue, returns to action in Qatar this week – his first tournament since the 2020 Australian Open.

In a positive mood as he addressed a press conference, the 20-time grand slam champion reckons retirement is not on the cards and he’s adamant that one of sport’s great stories is not completed yet.

“I just feel like the story is not over,” Federer said on Sunday as he looked forward to his comeback tournament at the Qatar Open.

The Swiss legend accepted that he is still a work in progress but added that he hoped to be “100 per cent” by the time Wimbledon came around.

“I’m very happy to be back playing a tournament again. It’s been a long time. I never thought it would take this long,” Federer said.

Asked whether he’d considered his future while being sidelined, he added: “Retirement was never really on the cards.

“I think it’s more of a conversation if the knee keeps bothering me for months and months – then let’s look at it.

“This is not the time to think about that…let’s say in the fall of this year.

“I just feel like the story is not over. It’s not like there’s one particular reason that I wanted to keep playing tennis other than I enjoyed playing tennis, I enjoy being on the road.

“I’m still a work in progress but probably one of the other reasons for coming back is I want to get that high again of playing against the biggest players and in the biggest tournaments and hopefully winning them again.”
Fans delighted by Roger Federer retirement admission

Federer, who’s a three-time champion in Doha but has not competed there since 2012, will face either his occasional practice partner, British No.1 Dan Evans, or Frenchman Jeremy Chardy in his first match.

“Obviously at this moment I feel like it’s just about let’s see how matches go, let’s see how training goes with all the top guys and professional players, not just sparring partners.

“I hope by Wimbledon, I’m going to be 100 per cent and that’s when the season starts for me.

“Everything until then it’s just ‘let’s see how it goes’ – I might surprise myself but then actually I’ve already done in practice the last few weeks, I was surprised at actually how well it did go.

“But, like we know, matches are a different animal.”

Federer will drop out of the top five in the world rankings for the first time in five years on Monday.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Serena Williams’ fury over sickening Meghan Markle interview claim

Published

on

Serena Williams has thrown her support behind Meghan Markle after the Duchess of Sussex’s tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey on Monday.

Some of the more explosive claims Markle made included that she contemplated suicide and that the royal family had “concerns and conversations” about the colour of baby Archie’s skin.

Reacting to the interview on social media, Serena spoke out in support of good friend Markle while also taking aim at the media and “tabloid journalism.”

“Meghan Markle, my selfless friend, lives her life – and leads by example – with empathy and compassion,” the 23-time grand slam champion tweeted.

“She teaches me every day what it means to be truly noble. Her words illustrate the pain and cruelty she’s experienced.

“I know first hand the sexism and racism institutions and the media use to vilify women and people of colour to minimise us, to break us down and demonise us.

“We must recognise our obligation to decry malicious, unfounded gossip and tabloid journalism.

“The mental health consequences of systemic oppression and victimisation are devastating, isolating and all too often lethal.

“I want Meghan’s daughter, my daughter and your daughter to live in a society that is driven by respect.

“Keep in your memory the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.”

Markle has attended a number of Serena’s matches throughout her career, while the tennis legend was also invited to Harry and Meghan’s wedding.

Meghan Markle’s explosive claims in Oprah interview
On Monday, Markle said she started to have suicidal thoughts during her first pregnancy as the intense scrutiny took its toll.

“I realised it was all happening just because I was breathing,” she said.

“I was really ashamed to say it at the time and ashamed to have to admit it to Harry, especially, because I know how much loss he suffered but I knew that if I didn’t say it, that I would do it, and I just didn’t want to be alive any more.

“And that was a very clear and real and frightening constant thought.

“We had to go to this event and I remember him saying, ‘I don’t think you can go’ and I said ‘I can’t be left alone’.”
Meghan said she went to the royal family for help.

“I said that I’ve never felt this way before and that I need to go somewhere and I was told that I couldn’t, that it wouldn’t be good for the institution,” she said.

“I share this because there’s so many people who are afraid to voice that they need help and I know personally know how hard it is to voice it but to voice it and be told ‘no’.”

Markle refused to divulge who raised concerns about Acrhie’s skin, saying it would be ‘damaging’ for that person.

“That was relayed to me by Harry that was conversations family had with him,” she said.

A gobsmacked Oprah asked: “Was the concern he would be too brown?”

To which Markle responded: “I wasn’t able to follow up why, but if that’s the assumption you’re making it feels like a pretty safe one.”

Continue Reading

Latest News

Roger Federer sold his house in Wollerau at a high price!

Published

on

Business commitments time for Roger Federer. In the last weeks, he got on the headlines especially for his apparent $300 million value contract with Uniqlo, but Roger is active in the extra-tennis world as well.

The 20-time Grand Slam winner sold his house in Wollerau, Switzerland, near Zurich Lake.

The exact price is unknown, but in November 2017, when the house was put on sale, on real-estate websites, it was 5.4 Swiss Franc, equivalent to $5.3 million. At the end of 2014, Federer had spent $10 million in order that the great house could have been built, the works finished in 2017 and now he earned just as half as money! The property features a pool on the terrace, 1,200 square meters of total land and the stained glass on the lake lines.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 World Celebrities Zone. Designed by Sola Olabintan, Powered by Vira Multimedia House , Osogbo Osun State.

%d bloggers like this: