Connect with us

Politics

Edo Central, Esan’s conditions for backing Obaseki — Imasuangbon

Published

on

Ken Imasuagbon, a former governorship aspirant on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in this interview speaks on the politics of Edo, why Governor Godwin Obaseki will be re-elected and how Edo Central will produce the governor in 2024. On comments that Edo North is a battleground in the September 19 governorship election That is correct. But the scenarios favour Governor Godwin Obaseki and his deputy, Phillip Shaibu. Comrade Adams Oshiomhole is fighting a lost battle. You know Shaibu was a student union leader; Oshiomhole would not be on the ballot. So, the people have more to gain from the deputy governor than Oshiomhole, who is neither here nor there, his era has ended. Obaseki will win with a landslide victory. There is no basis for any right-thinking person to be talking about APC now. No, not with all that they have been doing. How would a right-thinking person talk of voting APC with what they did to Edo State? They depleted the state more than PDP left it. Oshiomhole didn’t allow Obaseki to work; he distracted the governor and put a spanner in his works

Hi , I'm Sola Olabintan the founder of World celebrities zone. My vision is to bring you an update on happening around the world. Update on Global news , politics ,Education , Entertainment , Sports , Gospel , Finance and every aspect of life.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

BREAKING NEWS: EFCC grills Fowler over fraud allegations against Alpha Beta

Published

on

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is presently interrogating a former Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service, Babatunde Fowler, over the N100 billion tax evasion allegations levelled against a tax firm, Alpha Beta Consulting.

Fowler, who was also a former Chief Executive Officer, Lagos State Internal Revenue Service, responded to an invitation from the EFCC on Monday.

A former Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Alpha Beta Consulting, Dapo Apara, had accused the firm of tax fraud to the tune of N100bn.

In a petition to the EFCC in 2018, Apara stated that Alpha Beta, the firm given exclusive rights to monitor and collect Internally Generated Revenue on behalf of the Lagos Government, “has become an avenue for official corruption of government officials, a conduit pipe for massive money-laundering scheme, tax evasion, among other vices.”

In the petition which was written by his lawyer, Adetunji Shoyoye and Associates, the ex-CEO claimed that the fraud had been covered by powerful politicians in the state.

The petition signed by Adetunji Adegboyega on behalf of the law firm, read in part, “Over the years the company has been protected and shielded by some powerful politicians and people in the society which made them to always boast of being untouchable, but our client, feeling the need not to keep quiet again and strengthened by his belief in the fact that the government of President Muhammadu

Buhari is keen on fighting corruption, which has been the bane of our country, is of the firm belief that it’s time to expose and open the can of worms called Alpha Beta Consulting.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Nigerian Army claims Lagos govt invited soldiers to enforce curfew, denies shooting #EndSARS protesters

Published

on

The Nigeria Army has denied itself from a viral video on social media where the civilian protesters were massacred by soldiers at Lekki Toll Plaza

The 81 Division of the Nigerian Army, Lagos, said on Tuesday its troops were invited by the state government to enforce the curfew imposed on the state.

The Acting Deputy Director, Army Public Relations, 81 Division, Maj. Osoba Olaniyi, who disclosed this in a statement, said the troops were requested to restore law and order 24 hours after the curfew was declared.

Olaniyi insisted that the soldiers did not shoot at the #EndSARS protesters , adding that the personnel acted within “the confines of the Rules of Engagement for Internal Security operations.”
Armed soldiers had on October 20 reportedly opened fire on #EndSARS protesters in the Lekki area of the state.

The attack on the harmless protesters sparked angry response within and outside the country with many asking the Federal Government to order a comprehensive probe of the incident.

The army spokesman said: “The attention of Headquarters 81 Division Nigerian Army has been drawn to a viral video on social media in which it was alleged that civilian protesters were massacred by soldiers at Lekki toll plaza.

“This allegation is untrue, unfounded and aimed at causing anarchy in the country. At no time did soldiers of the Nigerian Army open fire on any civilian.

“From the onset of the #EndSARS protest, there was no time personnel of 81 Division Nigerian Army , Lagos, were involved.
“However, the decision to call in the military was taken by the Lagos State government after a 24 hours curfew was imposed.

“This was as a result of the violence which led to several police stations being burnt, policemen killed, suspects in police custody released and weapons carted away.

“The situation was fast degenerating into anarchy. It was at this point that Lagos State government requested for the military to intervene in order to restore normalcy.

“The intervention of the military followed all laid down procedures for internal security operations and all the soldiers involved acted within the confines of the Rules of Engagement for Internal Security operations.”

Continue Reading

Latest News

Lagos Judicial Panel Begins Inquiry into Lekki Shooting, Police Abuses

Published

on

agos-Judicial-Panel-Begins-Inquiry-into-

A judicial panel of inquiry in Nigeria’s commercial hub of Lagos has got underway into last week’s shocking events at the Lekki tollgate where a demonstration against police brutality went tragically wrong soldiers opened fire on protesters.

Amnesty International and eyewitnesses say the military opened fire on peaceful protesters at the toll gate, killing at least 10 people. Two people were killed in another part of Lagos on the same day, Amnesty said.

Read also:Tech News: Youtube has announced a $100 million fund to support Black youtube creators
The military has vehemently denied involvement in the shooting.

Panel members are now tasked with investigating happenings in the EndSARS protests, who shot protestors, who is affected, how much compensation they should get, and who should be prosecuted.

The Nigeria Army has denied itself from a viral video on social media where the civilian protesters were massacred by soldiers at Lekki Toll Plaza
They will also investigate historical allegations of human rights abuses carried out by police officers of the now-disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

Read also:Breaking News: Soldiers take over roads in Osogbo, as Banks, businesses shut down over curfew
The country’s President Muhammadu Buhari has pledged his support for the Lagos panel of inquiry and is confident that all state panels will help ensure that justice is done on behalf of the peaceful protestors and the law enforcement agents who lost their lives.

Read also:No Government Should Send Policemen To Arrest Those Who Hoarded The Palliatives0—Says Reno Omokri

A man who testified at the judicial inquiry narrated how officers of the disbanded SARS tortured him and extracted two of his teeth after arresting him in 2014.

In his testimony, the man said that his property had been forcefully taken by SARS officers and the police had refused to pay him compensation despite a court order.

The Nigeria Army has denied itself from a viral video on social media where the civilian protesters were massacred by soldiers at Lekki Toll Plaza
Read also:VIDEO: Could This Be The Secret Of Alaafin Of Oyo Which Helps Him To Satisfy His 7 Wives?

Tuesday’s proceedings were held up for almost two hours as the youth representatives on the panel refused to sign an oath of secrecy, a dispute that was later resolved.

Independent investigations into police abuses were a core demand of the protesters who rallied across Nigeria for more than two weeks.
The Nigeria Army has denied itself from a viral video on social media where the civilian protesters were massacred by soldiers at Lekki Toll Plaza

The chair of the panel, Justice Doris Okuwobi had said the panel was independent of the government and would ensure justice for victims of police brutality and “for those affected by the unfortunate incident of the shootings by the military.”

She was however quoted by Reuters as saying that none of the 15 complaints received so far were related to the shooting in Lekki, an upmarket suburb in Lagos.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 World Celebrities Zone. Designed by Sola Olabintan, Powered by Vira Multimedia House , Osogbo Osun State.

%d bloggers like this: