Connect with us

Latest News

Breaking News: We’ve Identified Barracks Where Soldiers Who Shot Protesters Came From, Says Human Rights Lawyer Falana

Published

on

We’ve Identified Barracks Where Soldiers Who Shot Protesters Came From

Human Rights Lawyer and Senior Advocate of Nigeria Femi Falana has said a group he oversees has identified the barracks where officers of the military emanated from and shot protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate in the country’s commercial capital Lagos.

Falana said from the investigation conducted so far, the group, Alliance on Surviving COVID-19 And Beyond (ASCAB) is now gathering facts that shots were actually fired at the tollgate and people have died from those shots.

“We have already identified the barracks where the soldiers left for Lekki, we have already identified the barracks,” Falana said Monday when he appeared on ARISE News.

He added that “the President was likely to have been told, soldiers were ordered so I want to believe that’s why it was not addressed and they said it was a rumour but I think the facts are emerging now, that indeed soldiers went to Lekki, indeed they fired at protesters and indeed some of the protesters at least two have been officially acknowledged to have died from gunshot wounds.”

ASCAB had recently set up an independent National Citizens Panel of Inquiry to investigate the October 20 shooting of protesters at Lekki Toll Plaza.

“ASCAB shall establish an Independent National Citizen’s Panel of Inquiry under a number of conditions Composition of the Citizen’s Panel of Inquiry shall comprise representatives of credible and identified organisations of the youth that took part in the #Endsars protest movement, including the Feminist Coalition, among others; representatives of credible and tested civil society organisations.

Read also:Lawyer and Human Rights activist Femi Falana has condemned the hoarding of coronavirus palliatives

Falana had accused the security agencies of engaging the services of sponsored thugs to attack peaceful protesters in Lagos and Abuja for about 12 days.

He said, “It is such state sponsored thuggery that boomeranged as boys and girls who have been used and dumped by politicians turned the peaceful protests to a conflagration that engulfed the nation.

Read also:Good News to Nigerians , Formal presidential aide Reno Omokri to provide a relief of N20,000 to those whose businesses were looted during #EndSARS protests
Falana also accused the Nigerian government of having no respect for the rule of law and citizens rights to protest. He said constant denials from the federal government and its agencies clearly does show Nigeria as a serious country.

Read also:If Nigeria Doesn’t Restructure, It Will Break up, Says Social Activist Gani Adams
“I have never seen it anywhere in the world where in the federal capital of a country where you have all the embassies, you have unmarked vehicles taking thugs round and it was being filmed and the thugs were being ferried by officials of the government and we are being told it’s not the State Security Service and in Lagos it was not the Nigerian army that shot. Such denials do not portray Nigeria as a serious country, because it is the duty of the government anywhere in the world to trace those criminals and bring them to book,’ Falana said.

He stated further that the “Nugerian government has no respect for the rule of law and have ensured they stave off all forms of protests in the country.

“Every designated venue for protest in the country have been fenced by government to prevent demonstrations. In Lagos, the Gani Fawehinmin square in Lagos has been fenced while the Unity fountain in Abuja has also been fenced, and the same government has said citizens have the right to protest.”

Send me latest News

Hi , I'm Sola Olabintan the founder of World celebrities zone. My vision is to bring you an update on happening around the world. Update on Global news , politics ,Education , Entertainment , Sports , Gospel , Finance and every aspect of life.

Latest News

‘Too hard on him’: Paige Spiranac defends ‘insane’ Tiger Woods cheating scandal

Published

on

Instagram sensation and former golfer Paige Spiranac has defended Tiger Woods from the criticism he received after his infamous cheating scandal following the release of a new documentary.

Woods’ world came crashing down in 2009 when it was revealed Rachel Uchitel was just one of a number of mistresses for the golfing legend.

The saga prompted his marriage breakdown to Swedish model Elin Nordegren.

But further details of Woods’ love affairs have been revealed after the release of the two-part series on the golfer’s life.

This prompted former golfer, turned Instagram sensation, Spiranac to defend Woods from the fierce criticism he continually receives.

“Even when all this was happening, I think people were being too hard on him,” she said on her podcast Playing A Round with Paige Renee.

“You look at your own life and the things you’ve done, no one lives a perfect life, we all make mistakes.

“It’s not like he killed someone, he cheated. A lot of people cheat in their lifetime.

“Probably 99.9 percent of people have done something bad in their life.

“It’s not for people to sit on their couch and make him out to be a monster when I don’t think anyone could have handled that any better than he has.”

Spiranac went on to claim the spotlight Woods received in the wake of the scandal was “insane” and she believes he handled the situation well.

Woods’ agent slams documentary
Based off a biography written about the golfing legend in 2018, the documentary delves into many different parts of Woods’ complicated life – from his relationship with his late father Earl, his well-documented affairs and subsequent marriage breakdown, to the incredible career turnaround that culminated in a 15th major title at the 2019 Masters.

However, the golfer’s agent Mark Steinberg has slammed the documentary as just another “unauthorised and salacious” take on Woods’ life.

Send me latest News

Continue Reading

Latest News

The Humble Origin Of Roger Federer and His Major Achievement ; the greatest of all time

Published

on

Roger Federer is a Swiss Professional Tennis Player, he ranked No. 7 in the world by the Association of Tennis Professionals(ATP).

He has won 20 Grand Slam men’s singles titles, an all-time record shared with Rafael Nadal. Federer has been world No. 1 in the ATP rankings a total of 310 weeks – including a record 237 consecutive weeks – and has finished as the year-end No. 1 five times. Federer has won 103 ATP singles titles, the second-most of all-time behind Jimmy Connors and including a record six ATP Finals.

Federer has played in an era where he dominated men’s tennis together with Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic, who have been collectively referred to as the Big Three and are widely considered three of the greatest male tennis players of all-time.

A Wimbledon junior champion in 1998, Federer won his first Grand Slam singles title at Wimbledon in 2003 at age 21. In 2004, he established himself as the best player in men’s tennis by winning three out of four major singles titles and the ATP Finals,[d] a feat he repeated in 2006 and 2007.

From 2005 to 2010, Federer made 18 out of 19 major singles finals. During this span, he won his fifth consecutive titles at both Wimbledon and the US Open. He completed the career Grand Slam at the 2009 French Open after three previous runner-ups to Nadal, his main rival up until 2010. At age 27, he also surpassed Pete Sampras’s then-record of 14 Grand Slam men’s singles titles at Wimbledon in 2009.

Although Federer remained in the top 3 through most of the 2010s, the success of Djokovic and Nadal in particular ended his dominance over grass and hard courts. From mid-2010 through the end of 2016, he only won one major title.

During this period, Federer and Stan Wawrinka led the Switzerland Davis Cup team to their first title in 2014, adding to the gold medal they won together in doubles at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

Federer also has a silver medal in singles from the 2012 London Olympics, where he finished runner-up to Andy Murray. After taking half a year off in late 2016 to recover from knee surgery, Federer had a renaissance at the majors. He won three more Grand Slam singles titles over the next two years, including the 2017 Australian Open over Nadal and a men’s singles record eighth Wimbledon title in 2017 later that year. He also became the oldest ATP world No. 1 in 2018 at age 36.

A versatile all-court player, Federer’s perceived effortlessness has made him highly popular among tennis fans. Originally lacking self-control as a junior, Federer transformed his on-court demeanor to become well-liked for his general graciousness, winning the Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award 13 times.

He has also won the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year award a record five times. Outside of competing, he played an instrumental role in the creation of the Laver Cup team competition.

Federer is also an active philanthropist. He established the Roger Federer Foundation, which targets impoverished children in southern Africa, and has raised funds in part through the Match for Africa exhibition series. Federer is routinely one of the highest-paid athletes in any sport, and ranked first among all athletes with $100 million in endorsement income in 2020.

Send me latest News

Continue Reading

Latest News

Srdjan’s Move Against Roger Federer has caused commotions among the Fans , see reactions

Published

on

Srdjan’s Move Against Roger Federer cause commotion among the Fans

Srdjan Djokovic’s action against Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal may not help his son to gain the heart of the fans, and may not even help his career. TENNIS fans on social media have opened up against Novak Djokovic Father , that his reaction may later affaect his son’s reputation.

After a 2020 full of sensational problems, such as the disqualification from the US Open and the disruption of the Adria Tour which cost many infections, Srdjan should tone down. Instead he has been the protagonist of a personal crusade against Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal for a year now, causing the Swiss and the Spaniard to continue.

Who, until now, as true gentlemen, have never responded to provocations. Nole should try to put a stop to the father’s tongue, trying to understand how much the parent is a problem for the public image of him in the eyes of the world.

Novak Djokovic won the Australians about a month and a half ago, where he beat the competition by taking home his 18th Slam title. Last season an episode inherent to the playing court: the sensational disqualification occurred to Novak Djokovic during his round of 16 match at the US Open immediately comes to mind.

Speaking as a guest on the television show B92 TV Dnevni Red, his father Srdjan Djokovic reiterated firmly that his son did not receive fair treatment in Flushing Meadows. The story is known: a shot from the Serbian accidentally hit a line judge and cost the elimination of the number 1 ATP.

That incident remained in the mind of the 33-year-old from Belgrade for a long time, as he saw the real opportunity to put another Grand Slam title on the table and get closer to the record of Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.

Send me latest News

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 World Celebrities Zone. Designed by Sola Olabintan, Powered by Vira Multimedia House , Osogbo Osun State.

%d bloggers like this: