Latest NewsMotorsportSports

Lewis Hamilton offers biggest hint yet over F1 retirement decision with five-word post

Lewis Hamilton dropped a major clue over his immediate future in Formula One on Monday by taking to social media to show himself on the streets of London for an early morning run with his trainer. The 37-year-old is widely expected to return to the grid for the upcoming season despite being left aggrieved by the FIA’s handling of last year’s decisive Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

 

 

Hamilton was cruelly denied a record-breaking eighth Drivers’ Championship title by Max Verstappen, who was bizarrely allowed to close up to him under the safety car late on.

The Dutchman was given a clear run at his Mercedes rival after race director Michael Masi asked the five lapped cars between the two leaders to un-lap themselves before the green flags were waved to spark a one-lap shootout.

Verstappen went on to force his way around Hamilton on the final lap to take the chequered flag and clinch the end-of-season honours under extraordinary circumstances.

The latter was said to have lost his trust in the FIA over the events that unfolded in Abu Dhabi and was said to be weighing up the idea of walking away from the sport as a result.

He maintained radio silence on social media for eight weeks before finally posting on Saturday and it seems as though he may now have decided to return to the cockpit as he ramps up his preparations for the season ahead.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button