Connect with us

Entertainment

Royal Fued: Prince Charles and Prince William Were Behind Prince Andrew’s Royal Expulsion

Published

on

The second and third in line to the British throne, Prince Charles and his son William, encouraged the queen in her decision to ruthlessly cut Prince Andrew out of the royal family and force him to surrender his HRH title, it was reported Friday.

The Daily Mail and the Telegraph both reported that William and Charles had significant input into the brutal defenestration of Andrew, which took place in a 90-minute meeting with his mother at Windsor Castle on Thursday.

Prince Andrew Has 3 Options—and Loses Whatever He Does

Charles was in regular contact with the queen by phone from his home in Scotland, but William was at Windsor Castle on Wednesday, and it is believed he spoke to his grandmother in person about the extraordinarily sensitive matter of Andrew’s future outside the royal fold.

The Mail quoted a source as saying the father and son duo had been “instrumental” in the dramatic move, while the Telegraph said the move was made with “input from other members of the Royal Family, including the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge.”

It has also emerged that Andrew was summoned to his mother’s private apartments at Windsor Castle to be told the bad news in person. He tried to take his personal lawyer, Gary Bloxsome, into the private audience with him, but Bloxsome, who has been nicknamed “Good News Gary” because of his reported tendency to always paint a bright picture of his prospects to Andrew, was not allowed to attend the meeting, and was instead forced to wait in the car park.

Andrew’s final excommunication from royal life came in a typically concise statement issued by the queen after a New York judge threw out his last-gasp attempts to have a civil case being brought against him by Virginia Roberts Giuffre dismissed. Giuffre accuses him of raping her three times when she was 17.

The best way of insulating the family from Andrew’s legal woes has been a matter of intense discussion among the family for weeks, amid fears that lurid claims about Andrew’s sex life will overshadow the platinum jubilee celebrations this year to mark the queen’s years on the throne.

Ultimately, the Mail reports, it was decided to follow “the same model” as in the case of Harry and Meghan, where rather than having the HRH legally removed, they were simply asked to stop using it.

“They have taken this decision to insulate the institution from being hit by all the shrapnel that is flying around,” a source said. “It follows the same model as the Sussex separation. The removal of titles and patronages means the institution can now legitimately say it is not involved. It was a ruthless and swift decision which will have been recommended by the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge and sanctioned by the queen.”

Advertisement

Another source quoted by the Mail said: “She loves Andrew and this doesn’t mean he is no longer her son. But a decision had to be made as it was overshadowing everything the family did and her forthcoming platinum jubilee. Everyone will be feeling very relieved he has finally been cut adrift. It may even help him to have more clarity in fighting the case.”

The Mail’s correspondent Richard Kay said that the role of “domestic enforcer” had fallen to Prince Charles following the death of his father, Prince Philip, but said he “did not act alone” and was supported by Prince William, who “has recognized the risk to the royals’ good name that his uncle poses.”

Sources close to Andrew tried to paint the move to The Daily Beast as an agreed-upon resolution between Andrew and the queen rather than something “imposed” on him.

In a similar vein, the Telegraph quoted a friend of Andrew’s as saying: “I genuinely believe in the long run this will prove to be the duke’s independence day. It’s been almost impossible for him to do anything without worrying about damaging the monarchy, or his mother. This was really the only viable option available to him. If he has learned anything from the past two years, it is that if you are a member of the royal family, falsely accused of heinous crimes, then it is almost impossible to clear your name. If he says nothing, he’s accused of hiding behind his mother’s skirts, and if he speaks out, he’s victim-shaming. He now has the latitude to clear his name as a private citizen.”

The outlet added that Andrew’s ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson, “helped to persuade him that this was the only way forward.”
Virginia Giuffre took to Twitter on Friday, writing that she was “pleased” her “case against Prince Andrew” would now “go forward.”

She added: “I’m glad I will have the chance to continue to expose the truth & I am deeply grateful to my extraordinary legal team. Their determination helps me seek justice from those who hurt me and so many others. My goal has always been to show that the rich and powerful are not above the law & must be held accountable. I do not walk this path alone, but alongside countless other survivors of sexual abuse & trafficking.”

Advertisement

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Martina Navratilova compares Naomi Osaka to Serena Williams

Published

on

Former world No. 1 Martina Navratilova suggested Naomi Osaka is all about business as she is focused on making it all the way on the biggest stage.

 

 

Osaka, 24, has seven titles in her collection and four of those seven titles came at the Grand Slam level.

“Naomi [Osaka] dominated the majors, particularly the hard courts, but never the little tournaments,” Navratilova told the WTA, as quoted on Tennishead. “Kind of like Serena. I think to leave your mark on the game, you need to dominate all the events, a la Barty, a la Djokovic.

“They concentrate on majors, but you can’t just use the other tournaments as warmups”.

Navratilova thinks Osaka needs to play more
Osaka took a two-month break from tennis after the French Open and she also didn’t play any events in 2021 after the US Open.

“The less you play, the more the pressure builds up and the less feel you have for the game itself,” Navratilova explained. “You need to put in the reps. If [Naomi Osaka] can do that, she has the game to blow anybody off the court because she’s quick, moves well and is strong on both wings.

Advertisement

“And she’s got the massive serve as well. She just needs to play more matches”. Recentl, Osaka opened up about losing the joy for the game. “I started to feel like that power was being taken away from me,” Osaka explained.

“I wasn’t playing to make myself happy and I was more concerned about what would people say about me. “I used to love the competition and just being competitive. Like if I were to play a long match, the longer it was the more fun it was for me.

“And then I just started to feel – recently – the longer it was the more stressed out I became. But I just needed a break to go within myself.”

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Why Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux’s two-year marriage ended

Published

on

Hollywood actress Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux went from co-stars to husband and wife and built a wonderful life together in Bel Air. Sadly, the couple got divorced in 2018 and have since spoken out about the tragic split. Here’s everything you need to know about their relationship…

How did Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux meet?
Justin and Jennifer met through Ben Stiller in 2007, as Justin co-wrote the film Tropic Thunder with Ben, and Jennifer and Ben are long-time friends. But then in 2011, they also starred in the film Wanderlust together, which is where the romance really blossomed.

When did Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux get engaged?
The couple got engaged in August 2012, when Justin popped the question on her 41st birthday while they were in New York. Jennifer’s ring was a huge oval diamond with a delicate golden band – a rock that was very hard to miss!

When did Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux get married?
It was three years after the engagement, in August 2015, when the couple finally tied the knot. They chose to have their ceremony at their home in Bel Air, telling guests it was a birthday party and surprising them all with the nuptials.

Advertisement

When did Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux get divorced?
It was February 2018 when the couple called it quits and announced their divorce to the world. The rumour mill went into overdrive, but as their joint statement explains, the split was amicable. It read: “We have decided to announce our separation. This decision was mutual and lovingly made at the end of last year. We are two best friends who have decided to part ways as a couple, but look forward to continuing our cherished friendship.”

In a recent interview with Esquire, Justin finally quashed rumours that his desire to live in New York while Jennifer wanted to remain in LA was a factor in their break-up, saying: “That’s a narrative that is not true, for the most part.”

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Carrie Underwood raises over $101,000 for charity in Nashville

Published

on

Carrie Underwood raised more than $101,000 for an international children’s charity by the end of her Easter Day livestream concert filmed at the famous Ryman Auditorium in Nashville.

 

 

Underwood performed hymns such as “O How I Love Jesus,” “I Surrender All” and “Amazing Grace” from her recent gospel album “My Savior,” with the help of special guests in gospel legend CeCe Winans and NEEDTOBREATHE frontman Bear Rinehart. As of 6:30 a.m. ET on Monday, her fundraiser for humanitarian organization Save The Children had collected $101,035.

The performance, which aired live on her Facebook page Sunday and will be available to view for free for the following 48 hours, raised donations for Save The Children, which “works in over 100 countries to make sure children all over the world grow up healthy, educated and safe.”

Advertisement

“It means so much to be able to bring this event to people in their homes on a day that holds so much meaning for us spiritually and to be able to raise much needed funds and awareness for the incredible work of Save the Children as we celebrate the importance of family,” Underwood said in a news release.

The seven-time Grammy Award-winning artist released “My Savior” on Friday. The 13-song record features Underwood covering gospel hymns from her childhood in styles ranging from folk to bluegrass, traditional country and gospel.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Adevert




Copyright © 2021 World Celeb Zone. All rights reserved.