Connect with us

Headlines

Novak Djokovic told he is holding secret over vaccine stance amid Australian Open doubts

Published

on

Barbara Schett believes Novak Djokovic has been vaccinated “for a long time” despite concerns that the world No 1 could face a ban from January’s Australian Open.

 

 

Novak Djokovic could be set to play in January’s Australian Open, as former professional Barbara Schett has admitted she believes the world No 1 has already been vaccinated. The nine-time champion in Melbourne has been a doubt for the season-opening Grand Slam as he refuses to share his vaccination status, with government officials wanting proof of full vaccination for all players travelling to the country.

The world No 1 previously admitted himself that he was unsure whether he’d travel to Melbourne for the first Grand Slam of the new season.

A nine-time Australian Open champion, the Serb would be looking to make history by winning a record 21st Major title in January, but could be prevented from competing for a record Grand Slam haul as he has faced a ban from the tournament.

Multiple Australian government officials, including the Health Minister, Immigration Minister and Premier of Victoria have all pushed to require proof of double-vaccination for players entering the country to compete in the tournament.

jokovic has been outspoken against vaccine mandates in the past, and even told Serbian newspaper Blic recently: “I don’t know if I’m going to Australia, I don’t know what’s going on. Currently, the situation is not good at all.”

The 34-year-old has since decided not to speak on the matter until a statement on a final decision is made by organisers, as Tennis Australia remain hopeful those who are not vaccinated can still enter the country so long as they undergo a two-week hotel quarantine.

After talk that the 20-time Grand Slam may not be able to compete at his most successful Major tournament next year, one retired pro has now admitted she believes Djokovic has been vaccinated for “a long time”.

“I am convinced that [Djokovic] has been vaccinated for a long time already, but doesn’t [want to] tell anyone,” former world No 7 Barbara Schett told Kleine Zeitung.

Advertisement

Her comments come as another top player, WTA world No 2 Aryna Sabalenka, confirmed she had made a U-turn on her Covid stance and gotten jabbed.

Back in March, the 23-year-old voiced her scepticism over the vaccine and said she would only reluctantly get it if it was required to play on the tour year-round, but changed her mind after a positive Covid test kept her out of the recent 1000-point tournament in Indian Wells, where Sabalenka would have been the top seed, and left her unable to move.

“So far I don’t really trust it. It’s tough to say, but I don’t really want it yet and I don’t want my family take it,” she said of the vaccine earlier this year.

The top seed at this week’s season ending WTA Finals in Guadalajara has now confirmed that she changed her mind and recently got vaccinated in America, saying: “I think I’m clear right now because in Miami I did the vaccine, Johnson & Johnson.”

The 10-time title winner also touched on her experience with the virus, adding: “For four days I was really sick, I couldn’t move. I didn’t have taste, I didn’t have smell. Wasn’t really an amazing time.”

Now, Schett believes Djokovic himself also backtracked on his comments about the vaccine and got jabbed “a long time ago”.

It is looking increasingly likely that full vaccination will be a requirement for the Australian Open with no exceptions, as Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews doubled down on his strict stance on Tuesday.

He told Australian reporters: “I’m not going to have people sitting in the grandstands having done the right thing, only to have millionaire players that ought be vaccinated running around the place being essentially at such higher risk of spreading this – getting it and giving it.”

Advertisement

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headlines

Windsor: ‘Hamilton won’t be able to beat that well-oiled machine’

Published

on

By

Peter Windsor is very critical of Lewis Hamilton’s title chances for 2022. He already mentioned the points by which the seven-time world champion will be at a disadvantage at the beginning of next season.

 

 

Inaddition, his prediction for the denouement of 2022 is also not tender for the Mercedes driver.

Hamilton gets tough with ‘machine’ around Verstappen
“If Hamilton is going to be world champion, it’s going to be because of something really strange has happened,” Windsor says in a video on You Tube.

All of Hamilton’s talent and the complete package he has around him at Mercedes will not be enough to beat the well-oiled machine made up of Max Verstappen, Sergio Perez, Adrian Newey and Red Bull Racing in 2022, according to F1 expert Windsor. The Brit concludes that it is going to be very difficult.

After his defeat in Abu Dhabi last year, it has been suspiciously quiet around the seven-time world champion. The F1 world is wondering if the Briton will return behind the wheel this year. Windsor also wonders. He does not think so, but he does expect the performance in 2022 to play a crucial role in the further course of Hamilton’s career.

Advertisement

“If Mercedes doesn’t have any advantage and is indeed slightly slower than Red Bull, then all those other points are going to count too. Hamilton will ask himself, ‘Do I really need this?'” Windsor hopes that his compatriot decides that he does indeed need ‘this’ and that we will continue to see Hamilton race for a long time to come, but concludes, “It’s going to be very difficult to maintain that impressive motivation of his when everything is stacking up against him.”

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Carrie Underwood liked a video against…mandates. ‘Now the mob is coming’

Published

on

It’s open season on country singer Carrie Underwood — kind of — for the offense of liking a conservative commentator’s video opposing schools’ mask mandates for kids.

 

 

The “Jesus, Take the Wheel” hitmaker was one of nearly 50,000 people who liked the video, which was posted Thursday on Twitter. It featured conservative pundit and Daily Wire contributor Matt Walsh at a Nashville school board meeting arguing that mask mandates for school-age children are akin to child abuse, given kids’ very small risk of death — not risk of infection, but risk of death — from COVID-19.

“Like anyone else, I am upset and disturbed that Carrie Underwood liked one of my tweets,” Walsh tweeted sarcastically Tuesday afternoon. “She should know better than to indirectly endorse the opinions of an extremist and scoundrel such as myself. Her lack of judgment is appalling. I demand that she renounce me and apologize.”

A few hours later, he tweeted, “Carrie Underwood liked my video and now the mob is coming for her. She should know better than to like something that they don’t like. This is an unforgivable sin.”

And the mob was there, perhaps nudged by a trending blurb on Twitter.

“Carrie Underwood being a God-over-Science person is the least surprising thing I’ve heard today,” author and Unitarian pastor John Pavlovitz tweeted. “Delta take the wheel…”

“Carrie Underwood is an anti-masker. She’s canceled in my book. Who else’s?,” actor Angela Belcamino asked.

Some extrapolated Underwood’s like of the Walsh video to mean she’s against the COVID-19 vaccine.

“Carrie Underwood being Anti Vaxx….anyways we still stan Kelly Clarkson forever the best winner of American Idol,” one person wrote.

“Dolly Parton help fund a vaccine to fight off covid. Carrie underwood is helping spread anti mask & antivaxx misinformation,” another user wrote. “Class vs trash.”

But others, including “Relatable” podcast host Allie Beth Stuckey, defended the singer.

“Carrie Underwood liked a video about kids not being forced to wear masks — a position totally supported by data — and she’s being called an anti-vaxxer,” Stuckey wrote. “In case you thought your ‘nuanced’ takes would save you from the leftist cancel mob… they won’t.”

Advertisement

Meanwhile, other Twitter users thought folks had their priorities screwed up in general.

“In Afghanistan, women are getting raped by terrorists. In America, people with blue hair are throwing a tantrum because Carrie Underwood liked a tweet,” wrote free-speech radicalist Christian Walker, son of NFL great Herschel Walker. “We’re doomed.”

The “Before He Cheats” singer previously drew COVID-related criticism for performing at the Country Jam music festival, which ran over three days in late June just outside Grand Junction, Colo. The event, held outdoors and in line with state and local pandemic guidance, resulted in a few COVID-19 cases among festival staff and the 24,000 people per day who attended.

She and husband Mike Fisher have two young sons, ages 6 and 2.

Underwood hasn’t taken any action on Twitter since Thursday. Her publicist didn’t respond immediately to a request for comment Wednesday.

Walsh, a Nashville-area parent of four, is against mask mandates in general and made his point about kids and masks at a recent meeting of the Metro Nashville Board of Education.

“You and the school board have decided that our kids should go to school all day, every day, wearing muzzles like rabid dogs,” he said in the video. “I have listened to your arguments and I’ve noticed they are missing a few things, namely evidence, data, science, common sense and basic human dignity. You presented no facts at all, so let me do that now.”

Walsh then compared death rates in kids from the flu to those from COVID-19. The flu death rate was higher, he said, before emphasizing that in the 2018-19 flu season — the year of his data — nobody had suggested that kids wear masks.

The video now has more than 1.2 million views, almost 50,000 likes and more than 15,200 retweets.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler Spotted on …

Published

on

The two stars were photographed on the set of the Netflix film in Oahu, Hawaii on Monday.

 

 

Aniston, 52, wore a green top and flower-patterned skirt while Sandler, 55, wore a blue button-down shirt and blue pants.

Sandler and Aniston are returning to their characters Nick and Audrey Spitz, respectively, after the first film debuted on Netflix in 2019.

Murder Mystery follows, Nick, a New York cop, and Audrey, his wife, as they go on a European vacation to reinvigorate their marriage when a chance encounter leads to them both being framed for the murder of an elderly billionaire.

In September, TV Line reported the sequel would be “another international adventure full of intrigue and hijinks.”

Advertisement

Scott Yamano/Netflix Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler in Murder Mystery

In June 2019, Netflix said the first movie had been viewed by over 30 million accounts in three days.

At the time, the streamer said the movie’s debut was “the biggest opening weekend ever for a Netflix film.”

Murder Mystery is the second movie Aniston and Sandler have made together, following the 2011 romantic comedy Just Go With It. With the sequel, the two friends are making their third movie together.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Adevert




Copyright © 2021 World Celeb Zone. All rights reserved.