Connect with us

Headlines

Jon Jones: Israel Adesanya ‘would’ve been pounded to death’ if we actually fought

Published

on

Jon Jones has been told a lot of people would beat him during his career, but only a couple have actually come close, according to the judges scoring his fights.

While Jones has given many opponents credit for pushing him to the brink, the former UFC light heavyweight champion never saw Israel Adesanya giving him problems if they actually fought.

For the better part of two years, that was the superfight everyone was talking about, but after Adesanya fell to Jan Blachowicz in his attempt to become a two-division UFC champion, Jones saw everything he needed to see to know how that matchup would have gone for him.

“It’s been a really long time since I fought someone was such a low level of grappling,” Jones said during a late night Q&A session on Twitter. “He would’ve got ground and pounded to death.”

It’s been a really long time since I fought someone was such a low level of grappling. He would’ve got ground and pounded to death https://t.co/QT0QxxdU6z

— BONY (@JonnyBones) December 4, 2021
Grappling really did doom Adesanya’s chances of beating Blachowicz that night and then ironically the Polish powerhouse suffered a similar fate in his next fight when he fell to Glover Teixeira at UFC 267 in October.

That’s what led to Jones taking a sarcastic shot at him as well after it was suggested that he left the 205-pound division just as a real threat like Blachowicz rose to the top of the rankings.

“I was terrified of Jan according to Jan,” Jones wrote. “Had to wait him out. Strategy worked I guess.”

I was terrified of Jan according to Jan. Had to wait him out, strategy worked i guess
The impromptu social media session with Jones actually started as he posted a graphic that shows he has the most wins in title fights for anybody in UFC history.

As he plots his return at heavyweight in 2022, Jones is already expecting to add even more accolades to his already impressive resume.

“If God allows it, I’m going to set this bar so high that no man will ever touch it,” Jones said. “At least not in my lifetime.”

If God allows it, I’m going to set this bar so high that no man will ever touch it. At least not in my lifetime pic.twitter.com/FmN3rhRvfA

Of course that statement was met with some criticism because Jones has missed huge parts of the prime of his career due to issues both inside and outside the cage.

Advertisement

From a suspension tied to a doping violation to numerous arrests over the years, Jones has spent a lot of time out of the cage when he could have been competing and potentially putting himself in a position where no one could ever touch his records.

That said, Jones disagrees with the notion that he’s somehow soiled his legacy in terms of performances because he’s still widely considered the greatest mixed martial artist of all time despite those long stretches where he wasn’t able to compete.

“Nothing is a guarantee my guy,” Jones said. “Even with years of inactivity I’ve been able to achieve some pretty outstanding records that are still holding to this day. And the story is far from over, I got a lot more winning to do.”

Nothing is a guarantee my guy, even with years of inactivity I’ve been able to achieve some pretty outstanding records that are still holding to this day. And the story is far from over, I got a lot more winning to do

Finally, Jones addressed his financial past and future with the UFC, which has arguably been the biggest deterrent to his return to action after he relinquished his light heavyweight title in 2020.

Jones has argued that he’s worth a lot more to the UFC than what the organization had been paying him lately, which is why he tried to negotiate for a much bigger purse when a fight against future heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou was proposed to him.

Jones and UFC president Dana White went back and forth through a series of interviews and social media posts and to date there’s no proof the two sides have actually worked out a new deal once the 34-year-old New York native is ready to fight again.

Still, Jones isn’t blaming White or the UFC for what he was being paid prior to now because he admits that he was ill equipped at that stage of his career to truly understand his worth.

“It’s really not robbery if you let someone do it,” Jones said about his pay with the UFC in the past. “I wasn’t equipped for the position I was in.”

Advertisement

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headlines

Windsor: ‘Hamilton won’t be able to beat that well-oiled machine’

Published

on

By

Peter Windsor is very critical of Lewis Hamilton’s title chances for 2022. He already mentioned the points by which the seven-time world champion will be at a disadvantage at the beginning of next season.

 

 

Inaddition, his prediction for the denouement of 2022 is also not tender for the Mercedes driver.

Hamilton gets tough with ‘machine’ around Verstappen
“If Hamilton is going to be world champion, it’s going to be because of something really strange has happened,” Windsor says in a video on You Tube.

All of Hamilton’s talent and the complete package he has around him at Mercedes will not be enough to beat the well-oiled machine made up of Max Verstappen, Sergio Perez, Adrian Newey and Red Bull Racing in 2022, according to F1 expert Windsor. The Brit concludes that it is going to be very difficult.

After his defeat in Abu Dhabi last year, it has been suspiciously quiet around the seven-time world champion. The F1 world is wondering if the Briton will return behind the wheel this year. Windsor also wonders. He does not think so, but he does expect the performance in 2022 to play a crucial role in the further course of Hamilton’s career.

Advertisement

“If Mercedes doesn’t have any advantage and is indeed slightly slower than Red Bull, then all those other points are going to count too. Hamilton will ask himself, ‘Do I really need this?'” Windsor hopes that his compatriot decides that he does indeed need ‘this’ and that we will continue to see Hamilton race for a long time to come, but concludes, “It’s going to be very difficult to maintain that impressive motivation of his when everything is stacking up against him.”

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Carrie Underwood liked a video against…mandates. ‘Now the mob is coming’

Published

on

It’s open season on country singer Carrie Underwood — kind of — for the offense of liking a conservative commentator’s video opposing schools’ mask mandates for kids.

 

 

The “Jesus, Take the Wheel” hitmaker was one of nearly 50,000 people who liked the video, which was posted Thursday on Twitter. It featured conservative pundit and Daily Wire contributor Matt Walsh at a Nashville school board meeting arguing that mask mandates for school-age children are akin to child abuse, given kids’ very small risk of death — not risk of infection, but risk of death — from COVID-19.

“Like anyone else, I am upset and disturbed that Carrie Underwood liked one of my tweets,” Walsh tweeted sarcastically Tuesday afternoon. “She should know better than to indirectly endorse the opinions of an extremist and scoundrel such as myself. Her lack of judgment is appalling. I demand that she renounce me and apologize.”

A few hours later, he tweeted, “Carrie Underwood liked my video and now the mob is coming for her. She should know better than to like something that they don’t like. This is an unforgivable sin.”

And the mob was there, perhaps nudged by a trending blurb on Twitter.

“Carrie Underwood being a God-over-Science person is the least surprising thing I’ve heard today,” author and Unitarian pastor John Pavlovitz tweeted. “Delta take the wheel…”

“Carrie Underwood is an anti-masker. She’s canceled in my book. Who else’s?,” actor Angela Belcamino asked.

Some extrapolated Underwood’s like of the Walsh video to mean she’s against the COVID-19 vaccine.

“Carrie Underwood being Anti Vaxx….anyways we still stan Kelly Clarkson forever the best winner of American Idol,” one person wrote.

“Dolly Parton help fund a vaccine to fight off covid. Carrie underwood is helping spread anti mask & antivaxx misinformation,” another user wrote. “Class vs trash.”

But others, including “Relatable” podcast host Allie Beth Stuckey, defended the singer.

“Carrie Underwood liked a video about kids not being forced to wear masks — a position totally supported by data — and she’s being called an anti-vaxxer,” Stuckey wrote. “In case you thought your ‘nuanced’ takes would save you from the leftist cancel mob… they won’t.”

Advertisement

Meanwhile, other Twitter users thought folks had their priorities screwed up in general.

“In Afghanistan, women are getting raped by terrorists. In America, people with blue hair are throwing a tantrum because Carrie Underwood liked a tweet,” wrote free-speech radicalist Christian Walker, son of NFL great Herschel Walker. “We’re doomed.”

The “Before He Cheats” singer previously drew COVID-related criticism for performing at the Country Jam music festival, which ran over three days in late June just outside Grand Junction, Colo. The event, held outdoors and in line with state and local pandemic guidance, resulted in a few COVID-19 cases among festival staff and the 24,000 people per day who attended.

She and husband Mike Fisher have two young sons, ages 6 and 2.

Underwood hasn’t taken any action on Twitter since Thursday. Her publicist didn’t respond immediately to a request for comment Wednesday.

Walsh, a Nashville-area parent of four, is against mask mandates in general and made his point about kids and masks at a recent meeting of the Metro Nashville Board of Education.

“You and the school board have decided that our kids should go to school all day, every day, wearing muzzles like rabid dogs,” he said in the video. “I have listened to your arguments and I’ve noticed they are missing a few things, namely evidence, data, science, common sense and basic human dignity. You presented no facts at all, so let me do that now.”

Walsh then compared death rates in kids from the flu to those from COVID-19. The flu death rate was higher, he said, before emphasizing that in the 2018-19 flu season — the year of his data — nobody had suggested that kids wear masks.

The video now has more than 1.2 million views, almost 50,000 likes and more than 15,200 retweets.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler Spotted on …

Published

on

The two stars were photographed on the set of the Netflix film in Oahu, Hawaii on Monday.

 

 

Aniston, 52, wore a green top and flower-patterned skirt while Sandler, 55, wore a blue button-down shirt and blue pants.

Sandler and Aniston are returning to their characters Nick and Audrey Spitz, respectively, after the first film debuted on Netflix in 2019.

Murder Mystery follows, Nick, a New York cop, and Audrey, his wife, as they go on a European vacation to reinvigorate their marriage when a chance encounter leads to them both being framed for the murder of an elderly billionaire.

In September, TV Line reported the sequel would be “another international adventure full of intrigue and hijinks.”

Advertisement

Scott Yamano/Netflix Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler in Murder Mystery

In June 2019, Netflix said the first movie had been viewed by over 30 million accounts in three days.

At the time, the streamer said the movie’s debut was “the biggest opening weekend ever for a Netflix film.”

Murder Mystery is the second movie Aniston and Sandler have made together, following the 2011 romantic comedy Just Go With It. With the sequel, the two friends are making their third movie together.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Adevert




Copyright © 2021 World Celeb Zone. All rights reserved.