KATE MIDDLETON was left furious with Prince William after he was pictured dancing on a podium alongside another woman just days after another encounter in a nightclub.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced Kate will host a charity Christmas carol service at Westminster Abbey next week. Taking place on December 8, the event will be televised in the lead up to Christmas. Kate and William’s increasingly integral role within the Royal Family has also shown the strength of their relationship. Earlier this year, the Cambridges celebrated 10 years of marriage. They didn’t reach the milestone without challenging moments, however, as highlighted by a 2007 report.
It claimed that William had been seen dancing on a podium in Bournemouth, attracting the attention of another woman.
This came just days after newspaper reports claimed William was seen sharing an embrace with a woman while on a “boys’ night out” in Boujis, London.
The newspaper quoted a friend of Kate’s who said the Duchess sent a warning to William.
The friend said: “Kate told William that he was making her look bad.
“She has coped for years with girls flinging themselves at her boyfriend and, for a while, she found it humorous and even flattering.
“But after his recent behaviour she gave him an ultimatum and told him that every time he behaved like that in public he was cheapening her image as well as his own.
Kate Middleton news: William and Kate have taken on a big role in the Firm
“She told him she wasn’t prepared to be treated like a doormat and that his carefree behaviour was affecting her image.
“She gave him quite a pasting. In the past, she had always let go of things like that, but this really bothered her.”
A family friend of Kate’s added: “Kate rose above all the rumours and just laughed them off, but something recently snapped in her.
“She was irritated when she read about his flirting in Bournemouth and she wasn’t best pleased to hear about the blonde he ended up with on the dance floor at Boujis.”
Kate and William endured a tough year in 2007 when they briefly split.
Reports from April 2007 also claim that William broke up with Kate via a phone call that she received while at work.
Carrie Underwood liked a video against…mandates. ‘Now the mob is coming’
It’s open season on country singer Carrie Underwood — kind of — for the offense of liking a conservative commentator’s video opposing schools’ mask mandates for kids.
The “Jesus, Take the Wheel” hitmaker was one of nearly 50,000 people who liked the video, which was posted Thursday on Twitter. It featured conservative pundit and Daily Wire contributor Matt Walsh at a Nashville school board meeting arguing that mask mandates for school-age children are akin to child abuse, given kids’ very small risk of death — not risk of infection, but risk of death — from COVID-19.
“Like anyone else, I am upset and disturbed that Carrie Underwood liked one of my tweets,” Walsh tweeted sarcastically Tuesday afternoon. “She should know better than to indirectly endorse the opinions of an extremist and scoundrel such as myself. Her lack of judgment is appalling. I demand that she renounce me and apologize.”
A few hours later, he tweeted, “Carrie Underwood liked my video and now the mob is coming for her. She should know better than to like something that they don’t like. This is an unforgivable sin.”
And the mob was there, perhaps nudged by a trending blurb on Twitter.
“Carrie Underwood being a God-over-Science person is the least surprising thing I’ve heard today,” author and Unitarian pastor John Pavlovitz tweeted. “Delta take the wheel…”
“Carrie Underwood is an anti-masker. She’s canceled in my book. Who else’s?,” actor Angela Belcamino asked.
Some extrapolated Underwood’s like of the Walsh video to mean she’s against the COVID-19 vaccine.
“Carrie Underwood being Anti Vaxx….anyways we still stan Kelly Clarkson forever the best winner of American Idol,” one person wrote.
“Dolly Parton help fund a vaccine to fight off covid. Carrie underwood is helping spread anti mask & antivaxx misinformation,” another user wrote. “Class vs trash.”
But others, including “Relatable” podcast host Allie Beth Stuckey, defended the singer.
“Carrie Underwood liked a video about kids not being forced to wear masks — a position totally supported by data — and she’s being called an anti-vaxxer,” Stuckey wrote. “In case you thought your ‘nuanced’ takes would save you from the leftist cancel mob… they won’t.”
Meanwhile, other Twitter users thought folks had their priorities screwed up in general.
“In Afghanistan, women are getting raped by terrorists. In America, people with blue hair are throwing a tantrum because Carrie Underwood liked a tweet,” wrote free-speech radicalist Christian Walker, son of NFL great Herschel Walker. “We’re doomed.”
The “Before He Cheats” singer previously drew COVID-related criticism for performing at the Country Jam music festival, which ran over three days in late June just outside Grand Junction, Colo. The event, held outdoors and in line with state and local pandemic guidance, resulted in a few COVID-19 cases among festival staff and the 24,000 people per day who attended.
She and husband Mike Fisher have two young sons, ages 6 and 2.
Underwood hasn’t taken any action on Twitter since Thursday. Her publicist didn’t respond immediately to a request for comment Wednesday.
Walsh, a Nashville-area parent of four, is against mask mandates in general and made his point about kids and masks at a recent meeting of the Metro Nashville Board of Education.
“You and the school board have decided that our kids should go to school all day, every day, wearing muzzles like rabid dogs,” he said in the video. “I have listened to your arguments and I’ve noticed they are missing a few things, namely evidence, data, science, common sense and basic human dignity. You presented no facts at all, so let me do that now.”
Walsh then compared death rates in kids from the flu to those from COVID-19. The flu death rate was higher, he said, before emphasizing that in the 2018-19 flu season — the year of his data — nobody had suggested that kids wear masks.
The video now has more than 1.2 million views, almost 50,000 likes and more than 15,200 retweets.
Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler Spotted on …
The two stars were photographed on the set of the Netflix film in Oahu, Hawaii on Monday.
Aniston, 52, wore a green top and flower-patterned skirt while Sandler, 55, wore a blue button-down shirt and blue pants.
Sandler and Aniston are returning to their characters Nick and Audrey Spitz, respectively, after the first film debuted on Netflix in 2019.
Murder Mystery follows, Nick, a New York cop, and Audrey, his wife, as they go on a European vacation to reinvigorate their marriage when a chance encounter leads to them both being framed for the murder of an elderly billionaire.
In September, TV Line reported the sequel would be “another international adventure full of intrigue and hijinks.”
Scott Yamano/Netflix Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler in Murder Mystery
In June 2019, Netflix said the first movie had been viewed by over 30 million accounts in three days.
At the time, the streamer said the movie’s debut was “the biggest opening weekend ever for a Netflix film.”
Murder Mystery is the second movie Aniston and Sandler have made together, following the 2011 romantic comedy Just Go With It. With the sequel, the two friends are making their third movie together.
Prince Charles ‘desperate’ to spend quality time with Lilibet, Archie
Prince Charles has offered an olive branch to his son Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle to stay with him during their possible visit to UK as the future king is ‘desperate’ to meet his grandchildren Archie and Lilibet.
According to the Express UK, the Prince of Wales is ‘desperate’ to meet Archie and Lilibet and he has made it clear to Prince Harry about his wish to spend quality time with the grandchildren.
The report, citing a source, claimed that Prince Charles and Harry had several video calls over the last few months.
Prince Charles has invited Harry and his family to stay with him during their visit to UK amid security concerns.
The Queen’s eldest son, who is also heir to the throne, extended an olive branch to Prince Harry and his family as the Duke of Sussex plans to seek judicial review regarding security in Britain, the Mirror citing royal sources reported on Tuesday.
Prince Harry is scared to return to Britain with Meghan and their kids, the Duke’s legal representatives have claimed.
Queen’s grandson has filed for a judicial review against the Home Office decision.
Harry and wife Meghan lost their UK taxpayer-paid protection when they quit frontline royal duties in 2020 and moved to the United States.
Now living in California, they have their own private security team. Legal papers showed Harry arguing that the US team would not have adequate powers to protect his family in the UK.