Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced their engagement four years ago today.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are one of the most talked about couples in the world, from their stepping down from their royal family roles to their relocation to California.
It is the Sussex family’s relationship with the rest of the royals that makes the most news, with the world consumed with rumours of fallouts and feuds, mainly centred around the former Fab Four, William, Kate, Harry and Meghan.
Yes, fans have been longing for the Fab Four to reunite and for the Sussexes to return to the fold for Christmas.
It was Meghan’s first impressions of the royals that resurfaced today, on the four year anniversary of their engagement announcement, back in 2017.
Following their announcement in Kensington Palace’s Sunken Gardens, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle took part in an engagement interview with BBC’s Mishal Husain, in which Harry disclosed that he had already introduced Meghan to his brother and sister-in-law.
‘It was exciting I mean I’d been seeing her for a period of time when I literally didn’t tell anybody at all,’ Prince Harry explained in the video. ‘And then William was longing to meet her and so was Catherine, so you know, being our neighbours, we managed to get that in a couple of — well quite a few times now.’
Going on to praise his sister-in-law, Harry continued: ‘Catherine has been absolutely..’, to which Meghan interrupted: ‘wonderful’.
‘Amazing,’ Harry agreed. ‘As has William as well, and then my father as well. A handful of teas and meetings and all sorts of gatherings over at his place as well.’
Meghan then went on to talk about her first impressions of The Queen, recalling: ‘It’s incredible, I think, you know, a) to be able to meet her through [Harry’s] lens, not just with his honour and respect for her as the monarch, but the love that he has for her as his grandmother, all of those layers have been so important for me so that when I met her I had such a deep understanding and of course incredible respect for being able to have that time with her. And we’ve had a really… she’s an incredible woman.’
What are judicial review proceedings Harry wants to bring against Home Office?
The Duke of Sussex has filed a claim for a judicial review against a Home Office decision not to allow him to personally pay for police protection for himself and his family while in the UK.
Harry wants to bring his children to visit from the US, but he and his family are “unable to return to his home” because it is too dangerous, according to a legal representative for the duke.
“He sought a judicial review in September 2021 to challenge the decision-making behind the security procedures, in the hopes that this could be re-evaluated for the obvious and necessary protection required,” the legal representative said in a statement to the PA news agency.
Jennifer Aniston mourns loss of Peter Bogdanovich with touching tribute
Jennifer Aniston was one of many stars who came out to pay their respects to acclaimed director, Peter Bogdanovich, who died at the age of 82 on 6 January.
The Morning Show actress took to her Instagram stories to pay her respects to the star of The Sopranos.
Sharing a selection of photos with the BAFTA winner, Jennifer wrote: “Remembering Peter,” along with a praying hands emoji. She also added: “Grateful for his presence and for his laughter.”
One of the images she posted was of her hugging Owen Wilson and chatting animatedly to Peter on set.
According to The Associated Press, Peter died on Thursday morning at his home in Los Angeles.
His daughter, Antonia Bogdanovich, said he died of natural causes.
Prince Harry is behaving like a shameless, entitled hypocrite: Piers Morgan
Prince Harry’s move to pursue legal action against the Home Office for refusing him to pay for his own police protection has witnessed severe backlash from Piers Morgan.
The television personality, while writing an opinion piece for The Sun, said that the Duke of Sussex is “behaving like a shameless, deluded, woefully entitled hypocrite” for wanting to pursue legal action.
He added that the timing of Prince Harry’s actions was unwelcomed and would be a “massive headache” for the Queen.
“If he goes through with his threat, it will be the first time any royal has ever sued Her Majesty’s Government, and, of course, causes the Queen yet another massive headache at the worst possible time,” he wrote.
The comment comes after Harry’s legal team issued a statement saying: “The UK will always be Prince Harry’s home and a country he wants his wife and children to be safe in. With the lack of police protection, comes too great a personal risk.
“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex personally fund a private security team for their family, yet that security cannot replicate the necessary police protection needed whilst in the UK.
“In the absence of such protection, Prince Harry and his family are unable to return to his home.”