Connect with us

Entertainment

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry hold hands as loved-up newlyweds meet Commonwealth kids

Published

on

MEGHAN Markle and Prince Harry were caught in a snap looking lovingly at each other and tenderly holding hands while attending a Commonwealth event honouring youngsters across the Commonwealth nations.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex attended the Your Commonwealth Youth Challenge reception today.

But despite having ahead of them a very busy schedule, the couple took a brief pause to share a private moment.

As they were entering London’s Marlborough House, where the reception took place, the pair shared a love-filled look while Meghan lightly put a hand on her husband.

Harry and Meghan looked slightly more relaxed than at the other event honouring youngsters they took part to in June, the Queen’s Young Leaders Awards.

Etiquette experts pointed out the Duke’s abrupt rejection was likely to have been triggered by the presence of the monarch.

Royals don’t usually indulge in public displays of affection, particularly in the presence of the head of state.

Body language expert Robin Kermode said: “The Queen rarely holds hands with her husband in public and this seems to have set an unwritten precedent for the other royals.

meghan markle prince harry pictures look of love commonwealth youth challenge
Meghan Markle dazzles in yellow as she shares a look of love with Prince Harry (Image: PA)
“It is very clear that William and Kate are emotionally close, however, they do not seem to feel the need to prove their love—particularly when on official state business.”

But today the Duke and Duchess didn’t refrain from getting a bit closer.

For the occasion, the Duchess abandoned her pale palette of colours and chose to wear a yellow dress by US designer Brandon Maxwell.

Prince Harry was named the Commonwealth Youth Ambassador earlier this year by his beloved grandmother the Queen.

meghan markle prince harry pictures look of love commonwealth youth challenge

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry looked more relaxed than at the event hosted by the Queen in June (Image: PA)
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry joined by Patricia Scotland
In this role, he honoured “exceptional” young people for their work in their respective Commonwealth nations.

Advertisement

Speaking at the ceremony, Harry urged young people to tackle some of the biggest issues facing the planet including healthcare, governance and climate change.

He said: “The time it takes to make great advancements in science, medicine and technology, and even human understanding, is rapidly shrinking.

“The pace of technology and innovation will accelerate change to make the next 22 years feel like 200 years of progress.

“In the past few years alone, we have seen smartphone technology used to detect eye disease for people living in remote parts of the world, artificial intelligence is being applied to reduce our energy use, and virtual reality is taking students from the classroom to experience life on mountain tops and ocean floors.

“Social change is also accelerating, and awareness is quickly turning in to action, just in the last year, the world’s understanding of the damage being done by single-use plastic has grown rapidly and many governments and communities are taking big steps to tackle this very challenging problem.

“Amongst all of you are innovators, entrepreneurs and educators ready to tackle climate change, social injustice and inequality”.

Meghan, who has carried out a number of royal engagements since her wedding on May 19, also had a leading role during the ceremony.

According to the young leaders at the event, she met groups developing policies to tackle pollution and gender inequality.

Harry urged young people to tackle some of the biggest issues the planet is facing (Image: GETTY)
Speaking about Meghan, he said: “The duchess has a long and strong history in advocating gender equality and she made it clear that within her new role within the royal family she wants to see that continue.”

Advertisement

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

What are judicial review proceedings Harry wants to bring against Home Office?

Published

on

The Duke of Sussex has filed a claim for a judicial review against a Home Office decision not to allow him to personally pay for police protection for himself and his family while in the UK.

 

 

Harry wants to bring his children to visit from the US, but he and his family are “unable to return to his home” because it is too dangerous, according to a legal representative for the duke.

Advertisement

“He sought a judicial review in September 2021 to challenge the decision-making behind the security procedures, in the hopes that this could be re-evaluated for the obvious and necessary protection required,” the legal representative said in a statement to the PA news agency.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Jennifer Aniston mourns loss of Peter Bogdanovich with touching tribute

Published

on

Jennifer Aniston was one of many stars who came out to pay their respects to acclaimed director, Peter Bogdanovich, who died at the age of 82 on 6 January.

 

 

The Morning Show actress took to her Instagram stories to pay her respects to the star of The Sopranos.

Sharing a selection of photos with the BAFTA winner, Jennifer wrote: “Remembering Peter,” along with a praying hands emoji. She also added: “Grateful for his presence and for his laughter.”

Advertisement

One of the images she posted was of her hugging Owen Wilson and chatting animatedly to Peter on set.

According to The Associated Press, Peter died on Thursday morning at his home in Los Angeles.

His daughter, Antonia Bogdanovich, said he died of natural causes.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Prince Harry is behaving like a shameless, entitled hypocrite: Piers Morgan

Published

on

By

Prince Harry’s move to pursue legal action against the Home Office for refusing him to pay for his own police protection has witnessed severe backlash from Piers Morgan.

 

 

The television personality, while writing an opinion piece for The Sun, said that the Duke of Sussex is “behaving like a shameless, deluded, woefully entitled hypocrite” for wanting to pursue legal action.

He added that the timing of Prince Harry’s actions was unwelcomed and would be a “massive headache” for the Queen.

“If he goes through with his threat, it will be the first time any royal has ever sued Her Majesty’s Government, and, of course, causes the Queen yet another massive headache at the worst possible time,” he wrote.

Advertisement

The comment comes after Harry’s legal team issued a statement saying: “The UK will always be Prince Harry’s home and a country he wants his wife and children to be safe in. With the lack of police protection, comes too great a personal risk.

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex personally fund a private security team for their family, yet that security cannot replicate the necessary police protection needed whilst in the UK.

“In the absence of such protection, Prince Harry and his family are unable to return to his home.”

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Adevert




Copyright © 2021 World Celeb Zone. All rights reserved.