TYSON FURY wants to return as early as February and will decide his next opponent when Oleksandr Usyk’s future is determined.
Fury’s promoter Bob Arum has admitted fighting Usyk for the undisputed title is their preferred option.
But after Anthony Joshua’s defeat to the Ukrainian, the Brit chose to invoke his right to an immediate rematch.
Arum is still hopeful AJ can be convinced to step aside and allow Fury to face Usyk, but will look Dillian Whyte’s way in the likely case that is not possible.
The promoter told reporters in Las Vegas: ”Here’s the story, the ball now is in Joshua’s court.
“Joshua can step aside and let Usyk fight Fury. Joshua can say no, I’ve gotta fight Usyk, and I’ve got a contract.
“So once Joshua decides, if he decides he’s going to fight Usyk, then Fury looks around for an opponent.
“I talked to him today, and if Whyte is reasonable, as far as his money, happy to fight him. If not, we’ll fight Joe Joyce.”
Joshua, 32, is expected to rematch Usyk, 34, by April with talks to officially finalise it due to begin.
Meanwhile Fury, 33, has been linked with Whyte, also 33, who is the WBC ‘interim’ champion and in turn the mandatory challenger.
But his existing legal case against the WBC, aimed to force his overdue title shot, actually prevented him from being ordered to challenge for the belt.
Arum has stated that even without being mandated by the WBC, Whyte could still fight Fury, instead on a voluntary basis.
And the legendary promoter revealed the unbeaten Gypsy King wants to return in no later than four months’ time.
He said: “I spoke to Tyson Fury – he wants to fight again by the end of February, no later than the first week or so in March. That will happen.”
Kate Middleton’s anger at Prince William over his lifestyle: ‘Making me look bad’
KATE MIDDLETON was left furious with Prince William after he was pictured dancing on a podium alongside another woman just days after another encounter in a nightclub.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced Kate will host a charity Christmas carol service at Westminster Abbey next week. Taking place on December 8, the event will be televised in the lead up to Christmas. Kate and William’s increasingly integral role within the Royal Family has also shown the strength of their relationship. Earlier this year, the Cambridges celebrated 10 years of marriage. They didn’t reach the milestone without challenging moments, however, as highlighted by a 2007 report.
It claimed that William had been seen dancing on a podium in Bournemouth, attracting the attention of another woman.
This came just days after newspaper reports claimed William was seen sharing an embrace with a woman while on a “boys’ night out” in Boujis, London.
The newspaper quoted a friend of Kate’s who said the Duchess sent a warning to William.
The friend said: “Kate told William that he was making her look bad.
“She has coped for years with girls flinging themselves at her boyfriend and, for a while, she found it humorous and even flattering.
“But after his recent behaviour she gave him an ultimatum and told him that every time he behaved like that in public he was cheapening her image as well as his own.
Kate Middleton news: William and Kate have taken on a big role in the Firm
“She told him she wasn’t prepared to be treated like a doormat and that his carefree behaviour was affecting her image.
“She gave him quite a pasting. In the past, she had always let go of things like that, but this really bothered her.”
A family friend of Kate’s added: “Kate rose above all the rumours and just laughed them off, but something recently snapped in her.
“She was irritated when she read about his flirting in Bournemouth and she wasn’t best pleased to hear about the blonde he ended up with on the dance floor at Boujis.”
Kate and William endured a tough year in 2007 when they briefly split.
Reports from April 2007 also claim that William broke up with Kate via a phone call that she received while at work.
Exclusive: Novak Djokovic: ‘That was unexpected’
Novak Djokovic makes no mistake and after two games at the Nitto Atp Finals he took the pass for the semifinals. So far a clear path for the Serbian tennis player, who left no chance to counter his successes to opponents Casper Ruud and Andrey Rublev.
The world number one demonstrated once again the great continuity in the results and the few difficulties encountered in the competition reserved for the best eight of the ‘Race’ classification. The two races were almost a photocopy: he started always contracted and suffered a break, he reacted like a great champion and soon took absolute control of the matches.
The Russian, last to challenge him, tried in every possible way to resist the domination of the Belgrade native, but there was really nothing to be done. At the end of the confrontation, Nole talked about himself in an interview on the pitch, underlining the excellent performance: “I played very well, particularly in the service sessions.
The excellent performance and the 12 aces helped me a lot, considering the conditions we have here (faster than in other tournaments)” Then he continued: “In the first set I found good answers and I put Rublev in difficulty, who didn’t play the best tennis of him and made so many mistakes.
When you serve well, you obviously have fewer problems and more confidence, especially when you are 34 (jokes). I feel young, because everyone in this tournament has a very low average age and I feel like them. ” The Serbian analyzed an interesting aspect: “I am very grateful for the opportunity to play at this level, against top level players.
It is not easy to play a match with these players who are tall and have a lot of strength, like Medvedev, Zverev, Berrettini, who serve at 200-220km/h.”
Djokovic is chasing a sixth ATP Finals crown
Novak Djokovic admitted he was surprised to receive Nick Kyrgios’s backing over his stance that COVID-19 vaccination should not be mandatory.
The Serb also reinforced his position on the importance of freedom of choice regarding vaccination, or “anything else in life” Speaking at a press conference at the 2021 ATP Finals, Djokovic revealed his surprise at hearing Kyrgios’ comments and suggested this is a rare matter on which the pair see eye to eye.
The World No. 1 also elaborated on why he feels freedom of choice is so vital in life. “That was unexpected, knowing what was coming from him towards me in the last couple of years (laughs),” Djokovic said. “But this time, I must agree with him that the freedom of choice is essential for everyone, whether it’s me or somebody else.”
Serena Williams ‘devastated’ Over Peng Shuai’s Whereabouts, Pens Strong Message In Support
Serena William using the hashtag #WhereIsPengShuai in her tweet wrote about feeling devastated and shocked to hear about fellow tennis star, Peng Shuai.
Support continues to pour in for Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai with Serena Williams joining a host of tennis players including Naomi Osaka, Stan Wawrinka regarding her whereabouts and wellbeing. Peng Shuai had earlier made allegations about sexual assault against a senior Chinese politician. Recently, WTA chief Steve Simon had also raised concern over Peng Shuai after an email was posted on China’s media from the tennis player.
Serena Williams, using the hashtag #WhereIsPengShuai in her tweet wrote about feeling devastated and shocked to hear about fellow tennis star, Peng Shuai. She also urged for an investigation on her whereabouts and not staying silent. Here’s what Serena Williams had to say about Peng Shuai’s whereabout.
I am devastated and shocked to hear about the news of my peer, Peng Shuai. I hope she is safe and found as soon as possible. This must be investigated and we must not stay silent. Sending love to her and her family during this incredibly difficult time. #whereispengshuai pic.twitter.com/GZG3zLTSC6
— Serena Williams (@serenawilliams) November 18, 2021
WTA release statement on Peng Shuai wellbeing
On Wednesday, CGTN, the international arm of government-controlled state broadcaster CCTV had released an email which is said to be from Peng Shuai regarding her current whereabout, which has raised doubts over its authenticity. The mail claims that the sexual assault claim “is not true” and adds: “I’m not missing, nor am I unsafe. I’ve just been resting at home and everything is fine”.
On Thursday, WTA chief Steve Simon has released a statement which said, “The statement released today by Chinese state media concerning Peng Shuai only raises my concerns as to her safety and whereabouts. I have a hard time believing that Peng Shuai actually wrote the email we received or believes what is being attributed to her.”
He said, “Peng Shuai displayed incredible courage in describing an allegation of sexual assault against a former top official in the Chinese government. The WTA and the rest of the world need independent and verifiable proof that she is safe. I have repeatedly tried to reach her via numerous forms of communication, to no avail.”
He added, “Peng Shuai must be allowed to speak freely, without coercion or intimidation from any source. Her allegation of sexual assault must be respected, investigated with full transparency and without censorship. The voices of women need to be heard and respected, not censored nor dictated to.”
READ | WTA issues statement on Peng Shuai’s rape allegations; calls for ‘transparent’ probe
Peng, 35, is one of China’s most successful tennis players and a former doubles world number one. The Chinese tennis star has won the French Open and Wimbledon. As a singles player, she rose to a career-high of 14 and has defeated top players including Kim Clijsters and Serena Williams elder sister Venus Williams.