Lewis Hamilton has recovered from a physically draining Hungarian GP and will “come back really strong” after F1’s summer break, say Mercedes.
After Sunday’s chaotic race, Hamilton – who came back from 14th to finish second – had to visit the Mercedes team doctor as he suffered with fatigue and dizziness, and the sport’s most successful driver said he suspected he was still feeling the effects after contracting Covid-19 last December.
Mercedes admit mistake over Lewis Hamilton’s solo restart
But in Mercedes’ post-race debrief, technical director Mike Elliott allayed any fears and said: “I saw him about an hour after that and he was definitely a chunk better and I know he has recovered since then.”
Hamilton stated after the race he believed he may have long Covid, adding that his “levels of fatigue” were now “different” and a “real challenge”.
Since returning home, he has been posting social media updates of his training sessions
“Pushing to expand these lungs,” Hamilton said on his Instagram stories. “Working through it. Nothing we can’t do.”
Lewis Hamilton was suffering from dizziness on the podium but was feeling better after as he spoke about how he’s still battling to remain fit and healthy
Hamilton also admitted he may have been struggling after a strength-sapping race in hot temperatures, as Elliott expanded on.
“During that race I suspect that was sort of 40, 50 degree air, it was humid,” he said. “Lewis was really pushing on that two stop, some of the overtakes he was doing were absolutely brilliant. That takes a lot of energy out of you in that really hot environment.
“The average person like you and me, we wouldn’t survive five minutes in there, let alone a whole race.
Watch the restart to the Hungarian Grand Prix as all cars but Lewis Hamilton pitted to change their tyres
“So, it was unsurprising that Lewis was tired at the end of that, but as he said to the media I think he also wonders whether that is some of the feeling of having had COVID.”
The F1 season now takes a three-week break before the Belgian GP on August 29, which Hamilton will head into with a championship lead after usurping Max Verstappen for the first time since May last weekend.
Leylah Fernandez: Fans chanting my name at Indian Wells Masters felt surreal
US Open runner-up Leylah Fernandez admitted that hearing fans chant her name at the Indian Wells Masters felt “surreal.” On Friday, Fernandez played her first match since her outstanding US Open campaign and fans in the stands chanted her name.
Fernandez, who is now enjoying a career-high ranking of No. 28 in the world, saw off Alize Cornet 6-2 6-3 to progress into the Indian Wells third round. “It’s surreal. You dream of that happening, but you don’t expect that to happen …
I got goosebumps. Like, even now, my Heart suit is beating so fast … I was so happy,” Fernandez said, per Mark Masters. Fernandez was asked on what did she work after the US Open. “Everything (laughs) … We always try to look for that extra inch, extra millimetre to be better …
We worked on everything,” Fernandez claimed.
Fernandez was thrilled to meet Maria Sharapova
“I was lucky enough to to meet Maria Sharapova at the Met (Gala). We kind of chatted a little bit and she gave me some pretty good advice.
She told me her own experience and the way that she was able to bounce back,” Fernandez revealed. Meanwhile, 2020 French Open champion Iga Swiatek shared advice for Fernandez and US Open champion Emma Raducanu. “Well I would say balancing all the things you have to do on-court and all the things that [you’ve] been doing for the past years with all that new stuff,” Swiatek explained.
“Because it can overwhelm [you] at the beginning. It was good for me that Roland Garros was the last tournament of the season. I know that [Fernandez and Raducanu] probably have one or two more. “Then they’re going to have a break and they’re going to have time to reflect on [their success].
“Also having the people around you who won’t be pushing you to do more because of public relations or publicity. Just you know maybe staying calm a little bit and waiting for how you will react to all of that.”
Maria Sharapova Beautiful and Sexy on a Magazine! (PHOTOS INSIDE)
Martina Hingis Used Me! Says Ex Husband to Le Journal du Dimanche
Martina Hingis is happily back to tennis life. After leaving the circuit, she got back to living it. Just in doubles though, and some random single’s appearances in Fed Cup, just to show that despite the years and rust, she still is one of the greatest talents ever witnessed in women’s tennis.
As great as she is on court, Martina over the years has draw attention on her personal life far more than she ought to, with troubled relationships. Now, her former marriage is back on the news, with Martina’s ex husband Thibault Hutin taking on French Le Journal du Dimanche, to reveal that first of all the couple is legally still bonded and secondly that Swiss champion has used him over the years they have been together.
Hingis and Hutin got married in 2010, and while according to the media the Swiss is divorced, legally it appears the couple is yet to tear apart. In 2013 Thibault sued Martina for harassment. Their divorce is yet to be made official, and that hurts Hutin, as reported by JDC.
“My life is trash. I mistakenly left riding to preserve our marriage. I left my passion, there is nothing left. Without my family, I wouldn’t be able to pay my rent” confessed Thibault. When the couple met, Martina had just gotten back from a two-year suspension for cocaine abuse, thus she was quite fragile and not well seen by the media.
“Martina asked me to do interviews with her. Someone told me about her problems briefly, I didn’t know anything about it. Back than things were still tense. She wasn’t allowed to go to tournaments. She needed to rebuild an image.
The marriage with a good Frenchman was perfect at that time. She used me. Thinking about it now it seems obvious”. After more trouble, that including a surprising visit from Hutin to Hingis in New York that didn’t go well, the two separated in 2013.