Anthony Joshua has opened up on his shock loss to Oleksandr Usyk last month that saw him relinquish his heavyweight titles, saying he is “done with f…..g losing” and will exact swift revenge in their rematch next year.
In a wide-ranging interview with iFL TV, the former heavyweight champion also discussed his trainer situation as he looks to win back his IBF, WBA and WBO belts from the Ukrainian at the first time of asking.
Joshua (24-2, 22 KOs) was thoroughly outboxed by Usyk as the unbeaten Ukrainian (19-0, 13 KOs) earned a unanimous points victory at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London to end Joshua’s brief second reign.
Joshua had suffered his first career defeat to Andy Ruiz Jr in June 2019 before winning back his titles in an immediate sequel in Saudi Arabia six months later.
The 32-year-old is confident that he will do the same against Usyk after getting his tactics wrong in their first encounter and hit back at critics who suggested he was too happy to lose.
“Because you don’t hear from me, I may not be effing and blinding on Insta stories and stuff like that, it doesn’t mean that I stomach losses,” Joshua said.
“I was on the next plane to the States, spoke to all my team. We’ve had some awkward conversations in the camp … It hurts bro. It hurts. Especially when you’ve got a winner’s mentality.
“I know from experience and track record, my mindset and my evaluation of losses and how I use them, it can catapult me to the next level.”
When asked why tried to outbox a technical fighter like Usyk rather than using his size and strength advantages to bully the much smaller man, Joshua initially sought to justify his baffling strategy, saying he was trying to conserve energy.
“When I looked at the other fight [Tyson Fury’s KO of Deontay Wilder in their trilogy fight] a couple of weeks later you saw that after two rounds, three rounds, the energy was depleted, Joshua told iFL TV.
“It’s not what I thought was the right way of boxing. So I started working on different elements of my boxing – trying to learn how to slip shots, roll shots a bit better, etcetera.
Maria Sharapova Gives a Sarcastic Reply to Mardy Fish About Gifting Him a Porsche
The Porsche Tennis Grand Prix 2021, popularly known as the WTA Stuttgart Open, will be taking place soon. Interestingly, Maria Sharapova is promoting the tournament since she is the brand ambassador of Porsche.
Hilarious as always, former tennis player Mardy Fish asked Maria Sharapova if he could get a Porsche from her on Twitter. Interestingly, the 5-time Grand Slam champion came up with a witty reply.
“Yes. I’d be happy to help you with the purchase,” said Sharapova sarcastically in response.
Sharapova didn’t deny Fish a Porsche but instead agreed to help him with the purchase. Some fans are even suspecting that Sharapova might gift a Porsche to her fellow countryman.
Sharapova has been working as the brand ambassador for Porsche since 2013. Thus, she often promotes its events across many social media platforms. She reminded the fans that even though the WTA Stuttgart Open 2021 is happening in the closed stadium this year, they can still watch it from the safety of their homes.
The tournament will begin on April 19, 2021, and will run till April 25, 2021.
Maria Sharapova at the WTA Stuttgart Open 2021
Sharapova has won the Stuttgart Open title three times in her career. Stunningly, she won the title for three consecutive years in 2012, 2013, and 2014.
In 2012, she led a tough campaign but managed to win the title by defeating Victoria Azarenka in the final. Next year, she thrashed Li Na to win her second back-to-back title. The final match against Caroline Wozniacki in 2014 was probably her toughest, where she made an incredible comeback after losing the first set to clinch her third title.
Only Martina Navratilova and Tracy Austin have won the title on more occasions than Sharapova. Navratilova won it six times while Austin won the initial four editions of the tournament. However, before 2006, the Porsche Grand Prix used to take place in Filderstadt instead of Stuttgart.
Fans got quite disappointed when Sharapova retired suddenly in 2020. They believe that she still has a lot of tennis left in her and can make a comeback. Will Sharapova return to the court?
‘Suffered a lot’: Roger Federer’s startling confession about wife
Roger Federer has opened up about wife Mirka in a revealing insight into the most famous WAG in world tennis.
Roger and Mirka are arguably the most-loved couple in tennis, with fans swooning over their relationship.
Mirka was a budding tennis player before meeting Roger at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney, before a number of debilitating injuries forced her to retire.
“My wife Mirka has suffered a lot due to her physical problems,” Federer said in an interview with Ringier.
“Her career ended very early and I myself advised her to end that pain.
“I told her as if it were the simplest thing in the world.
“Looking back on it today, I get a weird feeling. I am still playing tournaments at 40 and I find it difficult to stop.”
Federer also revealed a funny anecdote about when Mirka called him in the middle of a match.
“She once phoned me while I was in the middle of a game,” he recalled.
“She had completely forgotten that I was playing.
“This is exactly what I like about her. When we are in a tournament, she is 100% involved, while at home she is free from all thoughts.”
Roger and Mirka have been married since 2009 and have two sets of twins together – Myla and Charlene and Leo and Lenny.
After retiring from tennis in 2002, Mirka went on to serve as Federer’s manager for a brief period before having children.
Mirka and the kids are often spotted courtside at Federer’s matches, cheering on the Swiss legend.
Meanwhile, Federer will almost certainly miss the Australian Open for the second year in a row, with the Swiss maestro said to be recovering slowly from a third knee surgery in 18 months.
Federer’s long-time coach Ivan Ljubicic has played down fears the tennis world has seen the last of the 20-times grand slam champion, who turned 40 in August.
Federer has played just 13 matches in 2021 and not one since suffering a straight-sets quarter-final loss to Hubert Hurkacz at Wimbledon in July.
The six-time Open champion’s latest four-month lay-off comes after he spent a year on the sidelines following his record-setting 15th semi-final appearance at Melbourne Park in 2020.
“Roger Federer is very unlikely to play the Australian Open,” Ljubicic told Sky Sport TV on Sunday.
“He is 40 and doesn’t recover as fast as before. But he wants to compete again and won’t retire all of a sudden.
“We will be able to see Roger again next year. I don’t know when exactly, but he is undergoing rehabilitation. He is recovering slowly, he is not in a hurry.”
The veteran superstar was still on crutches when he made a surprise appearance courtside at the Laver Cup in Boston in late September.
“Given that he was still on crutches, I doubt we’d see him here because he needs a longer prep to get ready for a grand slam than what he’s going to be able to have,” Australian doubles great turned commentator Todd Woodbridge told AAP.
Federer contested a record 21 successive Opens from 2000 to 2020 and boasts a remarkable 102-15 win-loss record at the tournament.
EMINEM’S CONVICTED BURGLAR IS BACK ON THE PROWL BEATING DOWN SECURITY GUARDS
Matthew David Hughes, the man who broke into homes looking for Eminem multiple times in an effort to kill him back in 2020, is once again in legal trouble.
Hughes was originally charged with first-degree home invasion and malicious destruction of property but pleaded no contest to second-degree home invasion in exchange for the former charges being dropped.
Hughes pleaded guilty in Macomb County Circuit Court on Monday (November 22) for failing to show up for his probation appointment on September 30. According to court records, he also pleaded not guilty to assaulting the security guard. Following his sentencing, his attorney Richard Glanda said he didn’t know where Hughes would be residing considering he was reportedly homeless upon being arrested.
50 CENT REVEALS HOW ‘BMF’ TRANSFORMED EMINEM INTO TEENAGE WHITE BOY RICK
NOVEMBER 15, 2021
The man known to be Eminem’s stalker was originally sentenced to five years probation after serving 524 days in jail for breaking into the Detroit rap star Clinton Township house in April 2020 and threatening to kill him. Eminem allegedly woke up to Hughes towering over his bed and escorted him out of his house where a security guard restrained him until police arrived.
Hughes is currently being held in the county jail on $10,000 bond. He’s scheduled to be sentenced on December 15 for his parole violation.
Drake once had a similar stalking-related situation happen to him, when a knife-wielding woman was arrested in March for trying to break into his Toronto estate. She allegedly struck a security guard with a metal pipe when trying to gain access to the property.