Connect with us

Entertainment

Queen breaks silence on Prince Philip’s death during engagement – what did she say?

Published

on

THE QUEEN lost her husband of more than seven decades in April this year. But for the first time since his death, the Queen has spoken publicly of her “happy memories” of her late husband.

The Queen formally opened the new session of the Scottish Parliament over the weekend. And during her visit to Holyrood, the Queen spoke of her husband Prince Philip for the first time since his death in April 2021.

The Queen told MSPs of the “happy memories” she has of being with Prince Philip in Scotland.

She said: “Today is also a day when we can celebrate those who have made an extraordinary contribution to the lives of other people in Scotland, locally or nationally during the COVID-19 pandemic.

“I have spoken before of my deep and abiding affection for this wonderful country and of the many happy memories Prince Philip and I always held of our time here.

“It is often said that it is the people that make a place. And there are few places where this is truer than in Scotland.”

The Queen has spent the majority of her summers in Scotland throughout the course of her reign.

In previous decades, the Queen and Prince Philip usually travelled to the royal Balmoral estate every August.

The couple often remained in Scotland for two months, completing royal engagements and welcoming members of the Royal Family during this time.

But this year marked the Queen’s first summer in Balmoral without her beloved husband of 73 years.

Prince Philip died in April at the age of 99, and his funeral was held at Windsor Castle.

Due to coronavirus restrictions, only 30 guests were permitted to attend the funeral.

And the Queen was kept at a social distance from other members of her family in attendance during the ceremony.

Since her husband’s death, the Queen has spent several months in Scotland this year.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Kate Middleton’s anger at Prince William over his lifestyle: ‘Making me look bad’

Published

on

KATE MIDDLETON was left furious with Prince William after he was pictured dancing on a podium alongside another woman just days after another encounter in a nightclub.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced Kate will host a charity Christmas carol service at Westminster Abbey next week. Taking place on December 8, the event will be televised in the lead up to Christmas. Kate and William’s increasingly integral role within the Royal Family has also shown the strength of their relationship. Earlier this year, the Cambridges celebrated 10 years of marriage. They didn’t reach the milestone without challenging moments, however, as highlighted by a 2007 report.

It claimed that William had been seen dancing on a podium in Bournemouth, attracting the attention of another woman.

This came just days after newspaper reports claimed William was seen sharing an embrace with a woman while on a “boys’ night out” in Boujis, London.

The newspaper quoted a friend of Kate’s who said the Duchess sent a warning to William.

The friend said: “Kate told William that he was making her look bad.

“She has coped for years with girls flinging themselves at her boyfriend and, for a while, she found it humorous and even flattering.

“But after his recent behaviour she gave him an ultimatum and told him that every time he behaved like that in public he was cheapening her image as well as his own.

Kate Middleton news: William and Kate have taken on a big role in the Firm
“She told him she wasn’t prepared to be treated like a doormat and that his carefree behaviour was affecting her image.

“She gave him quite a pasting. In the past, she had always let go of things like that, but this really bothered her.”

A family friend of Kate’s added: “Kate rose above all the rumours and just laughed them off, but something recently snapped in her.

“She was irritated when she read about his flirting in Bournemouth and she wasn’t best pleased to hear about the blonde he ended up with on the dance floor at Boujis.”

Kate and William endured a tough year in 2007 when they briefly split.

Reports from April 2007 also claim that William broke up with Kate via a phone call that she received while at work.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Naughty Boy’s unfortunate Meghan Markle error: ‘This is the future’

Published

on

NAUGHTY BOY made a bold prediction about Meghan Markle’s place in the Royal Family, which sadly turned out to be far from the truth.

Naughty Boy, the music producer who is best known for hits such as Runnin’ and La La La, is already getting stuck into bushtucker trials as he stars in I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! He has also clashed with fellow campmate Kadeena Cox over cooking duties as the show begins in dramatic fashion. Naughty boy, whose real name is Shahid Khan, is used to keeping company with big stars, including members of the Royal Family. In February 2018, Naughty Boy performed for royalty as Prince Charles and Camilla hosted a gala dinner for the British Asian Trust.

He admitted he was “petrified” ahead of a performance for the royal couple at Buckingham Palace.

Naughty Boy said: “I was really petrified initially because there’s so much powerful energy here, but it felt right that I should be doing this.”

The DJ said: “I think this is part of the future. The whole culture is shifting to accepting just everything. For the Royal Family to spearhead that ‒ I think that’s amazing.”

Meghan’s life in the Royal Family was far from idyllic, however, as two years of regular criticism and tensions within the family culminated in the Sussexes leaving royal duties behind in 2020.

Meghan and Prince Harry later spoke about their life in the Royal Family with Oprah Winfrey.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Maria Sharapova Wears Couture Dress Made From Water Bottles at 2021 Fashion Awards

Published

on

Maria Sharapova combined high fashion and sustainability at the Fashion Awards.

The tennis champion attended the annual awards ceremony on Monday night in London wearing a custom dress created in a collaboration between Iris van Herpen and Evian. The sustainable dress, named the “Mimesis,” is designed with fabric made from recycled Evian bottles and organic silk and features the three-dimensional look that van Herpen is known for. Sharapova is a global brand ambassador for Evian.

“Collaborating with Evian on this project has been a great experience, particularly as we have shared sustainability goals and desire to reduce our impact on the planet,” van Herpen said in a statement. “Designing a couture dress with a fabric created from Evian bottles has enabled us to join forces and create a stunning garment that aims to inspire and encourage plastic recycling. I hope this dress will shape people’s perception of upcycling and recycling plastic by reinforcing the different forms the product life cycle can take, highlighting that we all have the power to change our future for the better.”

Maria Sharapova in Iris van Herpen
The dress was designed through state-of-the-art laser-cut techniques, with hundreds of recycled fabric petals placed in a triangular and cross-sectional pattern. The layered pieces and soft blue color peeking through the dress are meant to mimic wave patterns and represent water.

Next year the dress will be showcased at the Green Metropolis’ launch show in Amsterdam, which is an exhibition founded by the fashion designer and produced by “leading experts in the field of couture, architecture and nature.”

The collaboration comes as Evian is striving toward its commitment of having all of its plastic bottles made from 100 percent recycled materials by 2025.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Adevert




Copyright © 2021 World Celeb Zone. All rights reserved.