What’s the story?
Becky Lynch has been on a roll ever since she was drafted to the SmackDown roster. She was the first SmackDown Women’s Champion in the history of WWE and could soon be the first one to capture the title for a second time.
But on the cusp of becoming a two-time SmackDown Women’s Champion, Becky Lynch might have landed herself in hot water with WWE.
Inquisitr reports that a mundane comment Becky Lynch said to Alexa Bliss during the recent edition of Talking Smack has reportedly ruffled the feathers of WWE officials. It is also reported that she may have been reprimanded for that backstage.
In case you didn’t know…
Becky Lynch is currently feuding with Alexa Bliss for the SmackDown Women’s Championship and is hell bent on recapturing her lost title. The constant interference of La Luchadora has been a thorn in Becky Lynch’s side for some time now. Though Becky was the one to create the La Luchadora to get into the head of Alexa Bliss, the plan backfired on her.
While the identity of La Luchador has been a constant source of intrigue in the WWE Universe, the championship scene is an entirely different matter. Daniel Bryan announced that Becky Lynch will be facing Alexa Bliss for the title next week on SmackDown Live!
In order to prevent interference from La Luchadora, Bryan announced that this match will be in a Steel Cage.
The heart of the matter
On this week’s Talking Smack, both Becky Lynch and Alexa Bliss addressed their upcoming steel cage match. Towards the end of the segment, Becky Lynch bid adieu to Alexa Bliss by saying, “See you next Tuesday.” Those words have reportedly landed Becky Lynch in hot water with WWE officials.
For those who are unaware, the words Becky used are normally considered as a derogatory term when used against women. It is also reported that Becky was reprimanded for the usage of such terms once she returned backstage.
Kate Middleton’s anger at Prince William over his lifestyle: ‘Making me look bad’
KATE MIDDLETON was left furious with Prince William after he was pictured dancing on a podium alongside another woman just days after another encounter in a nightclub.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced Kate will host a charity Christmas carol service at Westminster Abbey next week. Taking place on December 8, the event will be televised in the lead up to Christmas. Kate and William’s increasingly integral role within the Royal Family has also shown the strength of their relationship. Earlier this year, the Cambridges celebrated 10 years of marriage. They didn’t reach the milestone without challenging moments, however, as highlighted by a 2007 report.
It claimed that William had been seen dancing on a podium in Bournemouth, attracting the attention of another woman.
This came just days after newspaper reports claimed William was seen sharing an embrace with a woman while on a “boys’ night out” in Boujis, London.
The newspaper quoted a friend of Kate’s who said the Duchess sent a warning to William.
The friend said: “Kate told William that he was making her look bad.
“She has coped for years with girls flinging themselves at her boyfriend and, for a while, she found it humorous and even flattering.
“But after his recent behaviour she gave him an ultimatum and told him that every time he behaved like that in public he was cheapening her image as well as his own.
Kate Middleton news: William and Kate have taken on a big role in the Firm
“She told him she wasn’t prepared to be treated like a doormat and that his carefree behaviour was affecting her image.
“She gave him quite a pasting. In the past, she had always let go of things like that, but this really bothered her.”
A family friend of Kate’s added: “Kate rose above all the rumours and just laughed them off, but something recently snapped in her.
“She was irritated when she read about his flirting in Bournemouth and she wasn’t best pleased to hear about the blonde he ended up with on the dance floor at Boujis.”
Kate and William endured a tough year in 2007 when they briefly split.
Reports from April 2007 also claim that William broke up with Kate via a phone call that she received while at work.
Naughty Boy’s unfortunate Meghan Markle error: ‘This is the future’
NAUGHTY BOY made a bold prediction about Meghan Markle’s place in the Royal Family, which sadly turned out to be far from the truth.
Naughty Boy, the music producer who is best known for hits such as Runnin’ and La La La, is already getting stuck into bushtucker trials as he stars in I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! He has also clashed with fellow campmate Kadeena Cox over cooking duties as the show begins in dramatic fashion. Naughty boy, whose real name is Shahid Khan, is used to keeping company with big stars, including members of the Royal Family. In February 2018, Naughty Boy performed for royalty as Prince Charles and Camilla hosted a gala dinner for the British Asian Trust.
He admitted he was “petrified” ahead of a performance for the royal couple at Buckingham Palace.
Naughty Boy said: “I was really petrified initially because there’s so much powerful energy here, but it felt right that I should be doing this.”
The DJ said: “I think this is part of the future. The whole culture is shifting to accepting just everything. For the Royal Family to spearhead that ‒ I think that’s amazing.”
Meghan’s life in the Royal Family was far from idyllic, however, as two years of regular criticism and tensions within the family culminated in the Sussexes leaving royal duties behind in 2020.
Meghan and Prince Harry later spoke about their life in the Royal Family with Oprah Winfrey.
Will Andy Murray retire from tennis?
After producing a 6-3, 4-6, 4-6, 6-4, 6-2 comeback against Oscar Otte on Wednesday, a match played under the centre court lights with a sense of nostalgia, Andy Murray then bowed out of Wimbledon with a 6-4, 6-2, 6-2 defeat to Denis Shapovalov on Friday.
That loss once again raised the matter of his retirement. Murray almost retired once, but fought back from undergoing surgeries in 2018 and in 2019, operations that mean he now plays with a metal hip
t had seemed that the Scot was set to retire in 2019, so much so that a farewell video was prepared with messages from tennis legends and the other members of what had been ‘The Big Four’. That came as a shock to the three-time Grand Slam champion as he had never officially stated he’d hang up his racket. But, it did appear that the end was near.
His return at Wimbledon 2021
Murray was able to fight back from his injury nightmare, playing well in doubles and even winning another ATP men’s singles title at the 2019 European Open, his first since March of 2017.
Through a wildcard, he was able to enter Wimbledon in 2021 and spoke ahead of the tournament about how excited he was.
“A few years ago, I thought I wasn’t going to be able to play there ever again,” he told GQ.
“So, even though the last 18 months have been difficult from a tennis perspective, I’ve still been able to play a little bit.
“Unfortunately, I haven’t been at the level that I want as consistently as I wanted to, because of the injuries, but then again before the hip operation I also had come to terms with the fact that I might never play tennis again. So it’s been hard.
“But I’m still excited to be out there and getting the chance to compete in events such as Wimbledon.”
Murray hints at retirement
After bowing out of Wimbledon in the third round, though, Murray was more pessimistic when asked about his future.
“There is a part of me that feels a bit like I have put in so much work the last three months and, you know, ultimately I didn’t play how I would want and expect,” he said after his loss to Shapovalov.
“So, it’s like, is it worth it?”
MÁS EN MARCA