Connect with us

Headlines

Tennis ace Maria Sharapova looks effortlessly chic in a black dress as she enjoys breakfast in Venice with fiancé Alexander Gilkes

Published

on

 

 

Maria Sharapova looked elegant as she walked the streets of Venice with fiancé Alexander Gilkes before sitting down to enjoy a croissant on Saturday.

 

 

The Russian tennis star, 34, looked amazing as she donned a chic mid length black cotton dress for the day out in the sun drenched floating city.

 

 

She paired the ensemble with flat sandals while her partner looked casual in a navy blue shirt and matching jeans.

 

 

The couple matched to each other by both wearing orange sunglasses.

 

 

Maria sipped on her orange juice while sitting down in the restaurant, and made sure to document her meal on her Instagram stories.

 

 

She later posted on her grid a snap of herself in the Italian city promising her adoring followers that she will be keeping them updated with the glamorous outing later in the evening.

 

 

She penned in the caption: ‘Magic hour, magic city. Attending my very first red carpet this evening. Stay tuned for all the BTS on stories.’

 

 

The outing comes after she she admitted she was fighting the urge to indulge herself in lockdown.

 

 

The Russian star was isolating in her Santa Barbara home when the Covid pandemic took hold and revealed she had enlisted the help of Madonna’s personal trainer for virtual workouts to keep her on track.

 

 

‘I am not used to working out alone without any guidance or energy from trainers and athletes being in the same room,’ Maria told The Daily Mail’s Sebastian Shakespeare.

 

 

In a bid for help she turned to American fitness guru Tracy is known for sculpting the physiques of Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jennifer Lopez.

 

 

Maria explained: ‘In the past seven weeks I’ve formed a good little routine at home with Tracy.

 

 

‘I’d much rather eat all day, but let’s not forget our bodies need the extra discipline, considering how active that pantry is at the moment.’

 

 

While Maria may have struggled during the various lockdowns of 2020, yet the year finished on a high as she got engaged to businessman Alexander.

 

 

Maria and Alexander first started dating in 2018 just two years after Alexander – who has deep royal ties – ended his seven year marriage to Meghan Markle’s best friend Misha Nonoo.

 

 

It will be a first marriage for Maria, who was previously linked to tennis pro Grigor Dimitrov from 2013 to 2015.

 

 

In a press conference, Dimitrov spoke about their split and said: ‘I think she’s in a good place, I think in her life.

 

 

‘She’s also the type of person that when you make such a, you know, such a decision and transition, you know it’s for the right (reason) and for the good.’

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Entertainment

Queen ‘disappointed’ with Meghan Markle, Harry over christening move

Published

on

Queen Elizabeth is reportedly ‘disappointed’ over Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s move to christen Lilibet within the US and a former butler believes she’ll be heartbroken to miss such a special event.

Some former staffers even fear she’ll be utterly heartbroken if she is not able to participate in the grand event.

The Firm’s former royal butler Grant Harrold made this claim during his interview with Express.

There he speculated upon the possible plan of action Prince Harry and Meghan Markle may take regarding the christening, for the Queen, and claimed, “I am sure if this does not take place in the UK, the Queen will be disappointed to not attend the christening of her great-granddaughter.”

He also went on to add, “However, as with many families who have family overseas, sometimes it is not possible.”

“Maybe their christening will be recorded so the family in the UK can watch as well? Family is very important to the Queen and I am sure before too long she will meet her great-granddaughter.”

Continue Reading

Headlines

Oleksandr Usyk sends warning to Tyson Fury ahead of Anthony Joshua rematch

Published

on

Oleksandr Usyk will put his newly won WBA, IBF, WBO, and IBO heavyweight belts on the line in his rematch with Anthony Joshua next year, but he’s already thinking about taking on Tyson Fury. The Ukrainian, 34, left British boxing fans stunned when he outclassed Joshua in London last month, scuppering hopes of a long awaited clash between Fury and ‘AJ’ in early 2022.

Joshua, 31, did promptly trigger his rematch clause however, before Fury came through his stunning trilogy bout with Deontay Wilder to retain his WBO and Ring Magazine titles.

Now Usyk, who after Evander Holyfied and David Haye is only the third fighter to win world titles at cruiserweight and heavyweight level, is plotting to again get past Joshua before targeting a lucrative unification fight with ‘The Gypsy King’.

Speaking to The Sun, he was asked if he could see a clash with Fury happening: “Yes, of course, I do regard this fight a huge one. I see him as a very good fighter, good athlete, he talks a lot, he has a tongue.

“He claims he’s the king of the kings, but it’s only he who thinks that. That’s what I can say about him.”

Usyk, who won Olympic Gold at heavyweight level in the London 2012 Olympics, now has a professional record of 19-0-0, but was second favourite to beat Joshua at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

He cites that factor as further reason as to why he can potentially overcome Fury.

“Before my Joshua fight everyone was saying that I haven’t got a single chance to win and beat Joshua,” he continued.

“I used to hear those types of things throughout my life, but I am capable of beating Fury because I’m not boasting that I can just punish and beat every boxer in the world, but I just go to the gym and do my job.”

Hughie Fury could fight Derek Chisora in huge domestic fight
Since beating Wilder in Las Vegas, Fury, 33, has declared himself the beat heavyweight of this generation, and Usyk appeared to take a dig at that claim by adding “I’m not trying to present myself as the king of the Universe.

“I do what I have to do. I concentrate and I’m focused and I get the result according to my effort.”
The Ukrainian did however, acknowledge that Fury’s unique boxing style made him successful and brought him victories, which he said was the “main thing.”
As for Fury’s next opponent, that remains unclear after Dillian Whyte was forced to postpone his bout with Otto Wallin because of a shoulder injury.
Fury’s next opponent is unclear

Anthony Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn takes dig at Tyson Fury

Whyte, 33, is the mandatory challenger to Fury’s WBO crown, and it was widely thought a win over Wallin on October 30 would pave the way for a world title shot for ‘The Body Snatcher’.

Whyte, who has long been embroiled in an online war of words with Fury, said this week: “I am devastated as I had a great camp, was in great shape, and had great sparring.

“I was looking forward to knocking Wallin out and would have done so in the first half of the fight.”

Continue Reading

Headlines

Tennis great’s message to Emma Raducanu amid coaching drama

Published

on

British teenage tennis phenomenon Emma Raducanu has been urged to find some coaching stability after a tumultuous period in the wake of her historic US Open title.

Raducanu raised eyebrows after parting ways with coach Andrew Richardson after her US Open victory – in a move that surprised many tennis commentators.

Richardson coached the teenage star for two years at youth level and linked up with her again in July on a short-term deal for the duration of her time in the United States.

However, Raducanu said she was looking for a coach with more experience at the elite level of world tennis.

The 18-year-old parted ways with coach Nigel Sears after her breakthrough Wimbledon run to the last 16, where she eventually succumbed to breathing difficulties.

She then linked up with Richardson to claim an almost unthinkable maiden grand slam title at Flushing Meadows, before again deciding to move on to new pastures.

Raducanu’s partnership with Katie Boulter’s coach Jeremy Bates was always going to be a stop-gap situation for the Indian Wells tournament in which the Brit crashed out in her first match.

Pictured here, Emma Raducanu speaks to the media at the Indian Wells tournament.
Emma Raducanu’s search for a new coach has taken many in the tennis world by surprise. Pic: AAP
The World No.24 is now set to link up with Spaniard Esteban Carril – who previously worked with fellow Brit Johanna Konta, before being axed just weeks after she was named most improved player of 2016 and broke into the world’s top ten.

Raducanu in set to play in the Transylvania Open in her father’s native Romania, but Carril is not set to start his tenure with the Brit until after the tournament.

Carril will be Raducanu’s fourth different coach in four months and British tennis great Greg Rusedksi says the teenager needs to find some stability for her game to flourish.

“Esteban (Carril) did a great job with Jo Konta when she had her big breakthrough and got into the top 10 in the world,” he said.

“Hopefully this works out for Emma. But she needs consistency from a team point of view to push on with all the success she has had at the US Open.”

Former British tennis player Barry Cowan said despite enjoying success at Wimbledon and then the US Open, Raducanu simply cannot keep churning through the coaches.

Teen warned about chopping and changing
“She made the Last 16 of Wimbledon and the coach got fired. She won the US Open and the coach got fired,” Cowan said.

“You cannot keep running your career like that. It will eventually catch up with you.

“Certainly she needs to build up and strike a relationship with Esteban. I hope it is successful and lasts.

“I don’t care who you are, whether you are Emma Raducanu, Serena Williams or Novak Djokovic, if you are having coaches short-term, it’s going to come back to bite you.”

Continue Reading

Adevert




Copyright © 2021 World Celeb Zone. All rights reserved.

%d bloggers like this: