Connect with us

Entertainment

Rafael Nadal: ‘I experienced foot injury at Roland Garros and had to skip 20 days’

Published

on

 

 

Rafael Nadal had ups and downs so far in 2021, winning two ATP titles and struggling with injuries. The Spaniard injured his back in January ahead of the Australian Open, where he wasted two sets to love advantage against Stefanos Tsitsipas in the quarters for a painful loss.

 

 

 

 

Rafa stayed away from the court until Monte Carlo, embracing challenging clay swing and competing in five tournaments on his beloved surface. Rafa had to dig deep in Barcelona and Rome to win titles and failed to achieve that in Monte Carlo, Madrid and Roland Garros, where Novak Djokovic beat him in the semis after an epic battle.

 

 

 

 

Struggling with a foot injury in the closing stages, Nadal could not do much against Djokovic in the fourth set, and he did not practice for three weeks, skipping both Wimbledon and the Olympic Games. Nadal was feeling better on the practice court in July and opted to enter Washington with a wild card, competing in the American capital for the first time.

 

 

 

Rafael Nadal experienced foot injury in the Roland Garros semis vs. Djokovic.
In his interview after a practice session at the City Open, Nadal spoke about that foot injury and the tough decision to stay away from Wimbledon and the Olympic Games.

 

 

 

In his most recent match on the Tour, Nadal experienced a 3-6, 6-3, 7-6, 6-2 loss to Djokovic in the Roland Garros semi-final. It was their 50th encounter, and Novak had the upper hand with 50 winners and eight breaks on his tally.

 

 

Dominating the shortest and more advanced rallies, the Serb grabbed the crucial points to open two sets to love advantage and left Rafa behind in the fourth set, when the Spaniard evidently struggled with a physical shape.

 

Rafa practiced with Grigor Dimitrov and Sebastian Korda in Washington and will play his first match on Wednesday. “I have had some problems after Roland Garros, for which I could not play a couple of significant tournaments for me, such as Wimbledon and the Olympics.

 

 

 

My body decided for myself. If I had to choose, I would never miss Wimbledon and the Olympics, but I could not compete in these events. I had some issues with my foot and had to stop playing for 20 days. Then I started practicing, first for half an hour, and then a bit more. I went through the whole process,” Rafael Nadal said.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Meghan Markle could ‘trigger alarm bells’ at Palace with leaked Princess Eugenie story

Published

on

MEGHAN MARKLE’S relationship with Princess Eugenie will “ring alarm bells” after her recent TV appearance, a royal commentator claims.

During her controversial appearance on the Ellen show, The Duchess of Sussex shared a story about a time she and Prince Harry attended a Halloween party with Eugenie and her husband Jack Brooksbank. But royal commentator Neil Sean said this will have worried the Royal Family who are “very nervous about anything getting out to Meghan and Harry”. He said: “As we know, Meghan then decided to describe her friendship with Princess Eugenie and her husband Jack, which goes back quite a long way, seemingly. But that really did trigger some alarm bells for senior members of the British monarchy over here.”

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Kate and Prince William tipped for ‘bump in the road’ when Prince Charles King

Published

on

KATE, Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince William are set to hit a “bump in the road” when Prince Charles becomes King, relationship expert Neil Wilkie has claimed to Express.co.uk.

It comes after the BBC’s royal documentary, ‘The Princes and the Press’, aired on Monday this week.

The film, presented by the BBC’s media editor Amol Rajan, reportedly shines a spotlight on the relationship between William, Prince Harry, and the media.

However, it drew a furious response from the Cambridges and other senior royals, who accused the BBC of propagating “overblown and unfounded claims”.

The row is unusual for William and Kate, who usually steer clear of controversies compared to some other royals.

Relationship expert Neil Wilkie has analysed the couple’s relationship for Express.co.uk, tipping them for a “bump in the road” once Charles succeeds his mother, the Queen, as monarch.

The expert claimed that Kate and William, who tied the knot in 2011, have been “fairly plain sailing” in their relationship so far.

However, he said: “The next bump in the road will be when Queen Elizabeth dies, and Charles becomes king.

“That’s going to be the point at which William will have a clearer idea of how many years it’s going to be before he becomes King.”

The Queen has been resting recently after it is thought she was advised by doctors to pare back her busy recent schedule.

Britain’s longest-serving monarch stayed overnight in hospital for the first time in eight years last month as she underwent preliminary medical checks.

Her Majesty’s diary has been cleared of major events, including her appearance at the COP26 climate change summit in Glasgow.

She was also absent from the Remembrance Sunday wreath-laying service at the Cenotaph in London after spraining her back.

Charles is sometimes reported to want a slimmed-down monarchy compared to the Queen and is said to be planning a major shake-up of the Royal Family when he becomes King.

Mr Wilkie said: “There’ll be a change in the way in which the royalty governs the country because Charles has got different ideas to Queen Elizabeth.

“So, it’ll be interesting to see whether King Charles just holds the fort for William or whether he tries to be the king that he’s always wanted to be and maybe creates a more difficult handover for William.”

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Harry and Meghan backed to ‘reconcile’ with Royal Family as Queen’s reign nearing end

Published

on

PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle have been backed to “reconcile” with the Royal Family in the future.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex stepped back from royal duties in 2020, in a move dubbed Megxit. Meghan Markle, 40, and Prince Harry, 37, relocated to California, to pursue a “financially independent” life away from the Firm.

Since moving to the US with their first child Archie, now two, the couple also welcomed their new daughter to the world.

Lilibet “Lili” Diana was born in June and shares her moniker with her 95-year-old great-grandmother the Queen.

Since the Sussexes move to the US, they’ve not made a return trip to the UK as a family of four.

Harry has returned to the UK on two occasions since stepping away from royal duties, but never with his wife or children in tow.

He returned in April for a short visit to attend the funeral of the late Prince Philip, who died aged 99.

He also returned in July to unveil a statue of his late mother Princess Diana, with his brother Prince William, 39.

Both appearances notably came following the bombshell interview he and Meghan did with US TV chat show host Oprah Winfrey back in March.

During their appearance, the couple made a series of seismic claims about their time as members of the Firm.

Following the interview, a statement was released by Buckingham Palace noting that “recollections may vary” but that the issues would be addressed privately.

Royal historian Dr Ed Owens however has claimed that the Queen’s recent bout of ill-health, and her reign nearing its end, could see the Sussexes “reconcile” with the royals.

He told Express.co.uk: “Harry will definitely be at his grandmother’s funeral when she does finally die.

“And if the relationship between Meghan and the British Royal Family has improved by then, I see no reason why she wouldn’t attend either.

“However, time will tell.”

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Adevert




Copyright © 2021 World Celeb Zone. All rights reserved.