Connect with us

Entertainment

“Try Not to Think About That”: Carlos Alcaraz Opens Up on Comparisons to Rafael Nadal Following His Historic Win in Umag

Published

on

The 2020 Tokyo Olympics has taken center stage attention with its grand opening last week. Some of the sports best go head to head in a quest to attain the ultimate glory. However, stealing the spotlight from the mega-event and its extravagance was a certain Carlos Alcaraz. The young Spaniard made front-page headlines after his masterclass performance in the finals of the Plava Laguna Croatia Open.

 

 

Playing in his first ATP Tour finals, Carlos was up against French giant, Richard Gasquet. While many predicted the experienced to dominate the game, the energy of the youngster took everyone by surprise. In a complete whitewash, the 18-year-old defeated Richard to become the youngest Spanish player to win an ATP Tour title, since the legendary, Rafael Nadal. Naturally, as the word spread, fans couldn’t help but glorify Carlos while drawing comparisons between him and the Spanish maestro.

 

 

 

 

“I’m still learning, still growing up”- Carlos Alcaraz
With his triumphant victory at Umag, Carlos became an instant fan favorite. His dominant display saw him finish the game in just over an hour of play. Courtesy of the historic feat he achieved, comparisons to Nadal were inevitable.

 

 

However, Carlos doesn’t seem to be carried away by those comparisons and keeps his focus determined on his game. Replying to how he deals with the pressure of being associated with a legend, he said, “I try not to think about that. I say always the same – I’m focused on my [path]. I’m still learning, still growing up, still being friendly with everyone and am still focused on my [path].”

 

 

 

 

Tennis – ATP Masters 1000 – Madrid Open – Caja Magica, Madrid, Spain – May 5, 2021 Spain’s Carlos Alcaraz Garfia in action during his round of 32 match against Spain’s Rafael Nadal REUTERS/Sergio Perez
Carlos had an immensely successful campaign at Umag this season. On his way to his first ATP Tour title, he beat three of the top four seeds at the tournament. He sent fans into a frenzy with his emphatic victory against the 35-year-old Gasquet, who himself was in awe of the Spaniard’s remarkable performance.

 

 

 

Watch this story: Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, Serena Williams and Others Emotional Moments at Olympic Games

 

 

 

The Spaniard is now a fan-favorite
The French international was spellbound with Carlos’ authoritative gameplay. He said, “He’s playing unbelievable. He’s only 18 and of course he has a great future and I just couldn’t play at his level and his intensity. That was the key of the match and he didn’t lose a point. He played well, very solid. He’s a great player.”

 

 

 

The youngest Umag finalist in history 🆚 the second oldest…

18 y/o Carlos Alcaraz takes on 35 y/o Richard Gasquet live now from Umag!

Stream here: https://t.co/hOHmv2wMlX pic.twitter.com/7AkU8K3OfI

— Tennis TV (@TennisTV) July 25, 2021

 

 

Undoubtedly, Carlos will be one to look out for in the future. His promising performance has been reassuring, not just for Spanish fans but for die-hard fans of the sport too. With a remarkable feat in the bag, fans await to see where they will next witness the heroics of this young blood.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Entertainment

Harry Is in ‘Panic Mode’ Over the Queen’s Health—He Still ‘Feels Guilty’ He Never Said Bye to Philip

Published

on

Miles away. Prince Harry’s response to the Queen’s health concerns is “panic” that he can’t be closer to his grandmother as she recovers from a recent hospitalization.

Buckingham Palace announced on October 20 that the Queen had cancelled her trip to Northern Ireland due to “medical advice” from her doctors. “The Queen has reluctantly accepted medical advice to rest for the next few days,” the statement read. “Her Majesty is in good spirits and is disappointed that she will no longer be able to visit Northern Ireland, where she had been due to undertake a series of engagements today and tomorrow.”

A day later, royal writer Omid Scobie reported the Queen spent the night in the hospital on October 20. Buckingham Palace confirmed that the Queen was hospitalized for one night and underwent “preliminary investigations” while she was in the hospital.

A source told Us Weekly on October 27 that Harry feels “helpless” that he and his wife, Meghan Markle, are thousands of miles away from the Queen in the United States as she recovers from her health concerns. “He felt helpless being 5,000 miles away in Montecito and has been checking-in non-stop with her,” the insider said.

The source also noted that Harry still “feels guilty about not saying goodbye” in person to his grandfather, Prince Philip, who died at the age of 99 in April. “[He] would never forgive himself if the same thing happened with his beloved grandmother,” the insider said. The source claimed that Harry and Meghan are planning to return to the United Kingdom for the holidays with their children, Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 4 months. “[Harry is] hoping to go back home for Christmas with Meghan, if not before so that [the Queen] can finally get to meet Lilibet and see Archie again,” the insider said.

Another source told Us Weekly on October 27 that other members of the British royal family are “urging” the Queen to slow down after her hospital stay. “Kate sent the queen a huge bouquet of flowers from her family,” the insider said. “George, Charlotte and Louis made ‘get well soon’ cards.”

The source also noted that Kate Middleton and the Queen have been “talking more than ever since [the] health scare]. The insider also added that Kate has “a special bond with the queen” and often connects with her over “one-on-one phone conversations.”

As for the Queen’s current condition, the source reported that the Queen feels “fine” but her family is still “concerned.” “The queen says she’s fine and doing well, but she’s said that before, so naturally [the family is] concerned,” the insider said. “They’d been urging her to take it easy for months.”

The insider also noted that the Queen likes to be on a busy schedule “because she hates people fussing over her.” The source also claimed that the Queen has started “handing over some of her duties” to her son, Prince Charles, and her grandson, Prince William, who are the next two royals in line for the throne. “She’s not a quitter and will continue working but is handing over some of her duties to Charles and William,” the source said. “[She] is preparing them to take over.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Royal Family LIVE: Queen on alert as ‘two ferocious PR storms’ about to explode on Firm

Published

on

THE QUEEN is set to face two ‘ferocious PR storms’ in the coming months: one involving her son and the other her grandson.

Key dates for the lawsuit against Prince Andrew have been set for next summer, at the same time as the Queen will be celebrating her Platinum Jubilee. It is alleged that the Prince assaulted former sex trafficking victim Virginia Giuffre on three occasions when she was 17. Prince Andrew strenuously denies the allegations. There is also Harry’s memoir, which is set to be released sometime in 2022.

If Harry and Megan’s Oprah interview is anything to go by, this memoir could condemn the Royal Family massively.

Commenting on the coming months for the monarch, royal expert Daniela Elser said: “There are two ferocious PR storms on the horizon.

“Key dates for the Prince Andrew case, as it wends its way through the American legal system, are now set down for May, June and July next year, smack bang right when his mother will be celebrating her Platinum Jubilee.

“Then there’s Harry’s memoir, which is set for release sometime in 2022. What the Sussexes’ Oprah revelations and Harry’s subsequent interviews have demonstrated is that the royal is yet to truly plum the depths of his reservoir of hurt and anger when it comes to his family. The possibility that his book will condemn the royal family and the monarchy even more than we have seen thus far looms large.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Embarrassing’ Meghan Markle’s latest letter is exactly ‘what Queen feared’

Published

on

Meghan, 40, had sent a lobbying letter to two huge names in US politics, Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, this week. In this letter, the Duchess of Sussex called for access to paid family leave for citizens.

Royal author Robert Jobson claimed Meghan has “always been political”.

The Queen had known about Meghan’s “political views and ambition” which could become “embarrassing” for the Royal Family, Mr Jobson explained.

Mr Jobson said: “This is what the Queen feared because now she’s free to say whatever she likes.

“She’ll now start talking about her political views and ambitions.

“And she might stir them up which then becomes embarrassing.”

Mr Jobson added: “She’s sailing close to the wind, but will they say anything [the royals], no they won’t.

“The fact is they knew this was what she was going to be doing.

“She was always a political girl. Since the age of seven she was writing letters to Hilary Clinton.”

Despite saying Meghan has “always been political”, Mr Jobson emphasised in his interview with the Mirror that this could not be the case for Prince Harry.

As Prince Harry is, according to Mr Jobson, a “Prince of the Realm”, then the Duke of Sussex could not get involved in political matters.

He said: “If it was Prince Harry doing it I would say that’s a slightly different thing because he’s a Prince of the Realm.

“And he is a British citizen and he’s kind of bound up by everything.”

Meghan had written on paper headed “The Office of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’, saying: “I’m not an elected official, and I’m not a politician.

“I’m writing to you at this deeply important time – as a mom – to advocate for paid leave.”

“I grew up on the $4.99 salad bar at Sizzler.

“I knew how hard my parents worked to afford this because even at five bucks, eating out was something special, and I felt lucky.

“I started working (at the local frozen yoghurt shop) at the age of 13. I waited tables, babysat, and piecemealed jobs together to cover odds and ends.

“I worked all my life and saved when and where I could—but even that was a luxury – because usually it was about making ends meet and having enough to pay my rent and put gas in my car.

“I expect many of your constituents have their own version of that story,” she continued, before attacking the US economic system.

“Many of our economic systems are past their expiration date, and as you well know, too many Americans are forced to shortchange themselves when it comes to what matters to them.”

Meghan concluded her letter by acknowledging “how politically charged things can – and have – become,” but said the issue “isn’t about Right or Left, it’s about right or wrong”.

Continue Reading

Adevert




Copyright © 2021 World Celeb Zone. All rights reserved.

%d bloggers like this: