Connect with us

Entertainment

Rafael Nadal: ‘I’m not sad, I competed well against everybody this month’

Published

on

Rafael Nadal leaves Melbourne with some regrets but also with the awareness of being back at his best level. That’s why after the five sets loss to Roger Federer at the Australian Open final, his analysis of the match and of the tournament overall is positive.

 

 

 

 

Definitely he would have loved to put the ice on two amazing weeks. ‘It was a great match’, Nadal said in press conference. ‘I enjoy to be part of it. I fight to try to have the trophy with me. I had some chances in the fifth with break up.

 

 

But is true that after I had the break, he played very aggressive, hitting a lot of great shots. So was tough to hold the serve every time. I suffered a lot all the time. Even if I played great in the breakpoints, I was suffering a lot, no? He probably remained a little bit more free points with my serve.

 

 

That’s what I needed in that moment, and I didn’t had. I had the chance to keep holding the serve. If I hold that one, you never know. You are two games, just two games away. But I didn’t, so… Well, that’s it, no?’ ‘I believe that he played super aggressive during the whole match.

 

 

Tough chances to play the way I wanted to play. But still like this, I played, I think, with the right attitude, trying to do my things, fighting for every ball. Is true that probably remain a little bit of speed today compared to the last day in my legs probably, little bit.

 

 

 

 

 

But that’s normal after what happened one day and a half ago. I didn’t play bad. But is true was difficult to play a lot because he really went for the shots, almost for every shots.’ He can take many good things from this first month of the season: ‘I am playing well.

 

 

 

I just think that I worked hard to be where I am. I believe that playing like this, good things can happen here on this surface, but especially can happen on clay too. If I am able to play like this, to hold matches like I hold the other day, and recover well as I recovered, but on clay I recovered better than here, then the opponents don’t get that many free points, and I am playing from the solid baseline.

 

 

 

 

If I made that happen, I think I can keep having success in hard courts, but on clay can be special.’ Rafa wanted to win the title so much: ‘Of course, winning an event like this is so important. For me, if I won that one, will be amazing.

But the real thing is what makes me more happy, more than the titles, is go on the court and feel that I can enjoy the sport. Today I am enjoying the sport. Last year I only had the chance to enjoy the sport between Indian Wells and Madrid, because in Madrid I got injury in quarterfinals.

That’s the real feeling. At this moment in my career, more than titles, for sure if I am playing here, I believe that I going to win titles. More than all these kind of things is being health enough to work the way I need to work, to fight for the things I want to fight.

I’m going to keep trying to do and to work the same way.’ How important was it to win some of those really tight matches he had along the way for confidence going forward? ‘Yeah, very important. I said before the tournament start, I felt that I was practicing great.

Then you need to do it on the matches, and I did. I am with big personal satisfaction. I cannot say that I am sad. I wanted to win, yes, but I am not very sad. I did all the things that I could. I worked a lot during all these months.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Entertainment

Billie Eilish Just Revealed What Happened When She Met Prince William and Kate Middleton

Published

on

Billie Eilish had a surprisingly normal encounter with Prince William and Kate Middleton, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

On Jimmy Kimmel Live Wednesday night, October 13, Eilish recalled meeting the British royals at the No Time to Die premiere in late September. The pop star attended the London premiere of the latest James Bond film because she wrote and performed the title song, also called “No Time to Die.” The song already won her a Grammy Award.

Because Bond is British, the event had very British guests, including members of the royal family, and Billie Eilish had the pleasure of meeting them: Prince William, Kate Middleton, and Prince Charles, to be exact. But meeting the royals was less formal than Eilish—who looked extremely cozy on Kimmel in an oversized graphic sweater—assumed it would be.

“There was a whole list of things,” Eilish said about the etiquette and formalities she was told to follow when meeting the royals at the premiere, but she did not pay attention to those rules. “I tried to, I was planning on it. And they were just so normal. They didn’t make me feel like, ‘Oh, I’m scared, I can’t talk to them.’ They were complimentary and they had all these questions for me,” Eilish continued. “They were just very friendly and like…funny and sweet. I can’t complain. It was amazing.”

Watch the interview below.

Billie Eilish and Jimmy Kimmel didn’t exclusively discuss meeting the royals, though. They also discussed going to space. “I would literally rather do anything else,” she said. “I hate the idea.” Eilish then told Kimmel a story about someone asking her to sing in space, which she immediately rejected. “It didn’t make any sense to me,” she said. For some reason, it is comforting that Billie Eilish wants to stay on Earth.

Originally Appeared on Glamour

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Rep Breaks Silence on Reports Lilibet’s Christening Won’t Happen in the U.K.

Published

on

It’s been a relatively quiet week for royals news, but that hasn’t stopped some of the British tabloids from turning when and where Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s daughter Lilibet “Lili” Diana’s christening will take place into a salacious story. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s rep gave a rare comment on the couple’s actual plans, making it clear they were not set in stone yet despite multiple stories claiming Lili wouldn’t be baptized in England.

The Sussexes’ spokesperson said, via The Daily Mail, that plans for Lili’s christening were still being finalized and that claims otherwise were “mere speculation.” That comment didn’t stop The Daily Mail from running a headline based on a source’s claims rather than the rep’s actual statement. Their headline was: “Harry and Meghan ‘will NOT bring Lilibet to be Christened in the Church of England and are likely to opt for an Episcopal ceremony in California instead,’ royal sources reveal.”

Their report comes after The Telegraph also ran a story claiming Lili wouldn’t be christened alongside the Queen in the U.K., with “Duke and Duchess of Sussex could christen Lilibet in US as Britain is ruled out,” as their headline. “There will not be a christening in the U.K. It is not happening,” a source, described as “a palace insider” by the outlet, said. A second source was less certain that was true, saying that a U.K. christening was “highly unlikely.”

Photo credit: Taylor Hill – Getty Images
Photo credit: Taylor Hill – Getty Images
The reality at this point, based on the rep’s statement, is anything could happen and plans will likely be announced by the Sussexes’ team in due time once they really are finalized.

Meghan and Harry welcomed Lili on June 4. The couple spent their summer on parental leave. The Duke and Duchess have yet to take Lili on a public trip to the U.K., but their daughter has met the Queen, the woman after whom she was named.

The Queen was among the first to meet Lili after she was born in a video call, People reported on June 8. “[Meghan and Harry] were very excited and couldn’t wait to share that their daughter arrived,” a source told the outlet.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Prince William to ‘sort out’ Andrew before ‘damage’ to his and Kate’s future, expert says

Published

on

PRINCE WILLIAM could soon take action to sort out the Royal Family’s image amid the allegations surrounding his uncle Prince Andrew, a royal expert has warned.

Royal commentator Russell Myers featured on ITV daytime show Lorraine on Monday morning to discuss recent updates surrounding investigations into Prince Andrew. The Metropolitan Police announced they are taking no further action after a review prompted by Virginia Giuffre, who is taking legal action against the royal. Speaking about the allegations made against Andrew, Russell told host Lorraine Kelly that Prince William could soon take action to stop his uncle “damaging” the future of their family.

Lorraine said: “Prince William, we are told, thinks that his uncle Prince Andrew is an actual threat to the Royal Family.

“That’s very serious stuff, isn’t it?” the presenter added.

Russell agreed: “Very much so and I think again over the weekend there’s been an awful lot of activity over several reports.

“Now, one of the issues that was revealed was that there was a meeting in January of senior members of the Royal Family including Charles and Edward.

“They concluded, like the rest of us I imagine, that there is never a return to public life for him.

“I think he’s probably the only person in the entire world at the moment who’s clinging onto this aspect that he can return,” the royal expert said of Prince Andrew.

Russell continued: “But, Prince William will obviously be taking over one day and I think we’ve seen him sort of really come forward in terms of his new role and being trusted lieutenant of the Queen and Charles as well.

“Not only does he think that he is a threat to the Royal Family, but what really gets him was Andrew’s sense of entitlement and the way he’s handled himself through this whole saga.

“He is no fan of his uncle Andrew and that tells you quite a lot about the relationship between them and how he wants him to try and sort out this business before it damages the monarchy even further,” he explained.

Lorraine remarked: “Absolutely because that’s his future, isn’t it? We know that the royals can be ruthless if they are under threat.

“So, it’ll be fascinating to see what happens,” she added.

Russell spoke further about the MET’s decision to take no further action regarding the allegations against Prince Andrew.

Continue Reading

Adevert




Copyright © 2021 World Celeb Zone. All rights reserved.

%d bloggers like this: