Meghan Markle and Prince Harry postponed their honeymoon because of Prince William
After their wedding, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had to postpone their honeymoon by a few days. Prince William is said to be strongly linked to their sudden decision.
On May 19, 2018, Prince Harry married American actress Meghan Markle at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor. An event that brought together members of the British nobility and other Hollywood stars, such as Oprah Winfrey, James Corden or even Victoria and David Beckham. While the happy couple had planned to fly after the ceremony to their honeymoon, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had to review their plans. In the documentary “Harry and Meghan: The First 100 Days”, it is revealed that the couple postponed their trip because of Prince William.
In the report, royal author Duncan Larcombe said he was surprised by the last-minute change. “After the wedding, everyone expected them to disappear somewhere to an exotic island … instead, the Royal correspondents found themselves watching Meghan and Harry as they attended Prince Charles‘ 70th birthday celebrations,” he says. According to journalist Helen Kiran-Taylor, who was also invited to speak in the documentary, “Prince William was tired of doing all the work.
” The Duke of Cambridge would have wanted his brother to increase his workload to give him a break. Moreover, Kate Middleton and Prince William were absent at the traditional garden party that took place in May 2018. According to Daily Mirror photographer Ian Vogler, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry left for their honeymoon shortly after the party held for Prince Charles‘ 70th birthday on May 22.
Strong tensions between the two brothers
Since then, relations between the two brothers have deteriorated. Between the departure of the Sussex couple to the United States and the many explosive interviews of Prince Harry against the Royal family, a gap has widened between the children of Prince Charles and Diana.
Billie Eilish Just Revealed What Happened When She Met Prince William and Kate Middleton
Billie Eilish had a surprisingly normal encounter with Prince William and Kate Middleton, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
On Jimmy Kimmel Live Wednesday night, October 13, Eilish recalled meeting the British royals at the No Time to Die premiere in late September. The pop star attended the London premiere of the latest James Bond film because she wrote and performed the title song, also called “No Time to Die.” The song already won her a Grammy Award.
Because Bond is British, the event had very British guests, including members of the royal family, and Billie Eilish had the pleasure of meeting them: Prince William, Kate Middleton, and Prince Charles, to be exact. But meeting the royals was less formal than Eilish—who looked extremely cozy on Kimmel in an oversized graphic sweater—assumed it would be.
“There was a whole list of things,” Eilish said about the etiquette and formalities she was told to follow when meeting the royals at the premiere, but she did not pay attention to those rules. “I tried to, I was planning on it. And they were just so normal. They didn’t make me feel like, ‘Oh, I’m scared, I can’t talk to them.’ They were complimentary and they had all these questions for me,” Eilish continued. “They were just very friendly and like…funny and sweet. I can’t complain. It was amazing.”
Watch the interview below.
Billie Eilish and Jimmy Kimmel didn’t exclusively discuss meeting the royals, though. They also discussed going to space. “I would literally rather do anything else,” she said. “I hate the idea.” Eilish then told Kimmel a story about someone asking her to sing in space, which she immediately rejected. “It didn’t make any sense to me,” she said. For some reason, it is comforting that Billie Eilish wants to stay on Earth.
Originally Appeared on Glamour
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Rep Breaks Silence on Reports Lilibet’s Christening Won’t Happen in the U.K.
It’s been a relatively quiet week for royals news, but that hasn’t stopped some of the British tabloids from turning when and where Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s daughter Lilibet “Lili” Diana’s christening will take place into a salacious story. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s rep gave a rare comment on the couple’s actual plans, making it clear they were not set in stone yet despite multiple stories claiming Lili wouldn’t be baptized in England.
The Sussexes’ spokesperson said, via The Daily Mail, that plans for Lili’s christening were still being finalized and that claims otherwise were “mere speculation.” That comment didn’t stop The Daily Mail from running a headline based on a source’s claims rather than the rep’s actual statement. Their headline was: “Harry and Meghan ‘will NOT bring Lilibet to be Christened in the Church of England and are likely to opt for an Episcopal ceremony in California instead,’ royal sources reveal.”
Their report comes after The Telegraph also ran a story claiming Lili wouldn’t be christened alongside the Queen in the U.K., with “Duke and Duchess of Sussex could christen Lilibet in US as Britain is ruled out,” as their headline. “There will not be a christening in the U.K. It is not happening,” a source, described as “a palace insider” by the outlet, said. A second source was less certain that was true, saying that a U.K. christening was “highly unlikely.”
Photo credit: Taylor Hill – Getty Images
Photo credit: Taylor Hill – Getty Images
The reality at this point, based on the rep’s statement, is anything could happen and plans will likely be announced by the Sussexes’ team in due time once they really are finalized.
Meghan and Harry welcomed Lili on June 4. The couple spent their summer on parental leave. The Duke and Duchess have yet to take Lili on a public trip to the U.K., but their daughter has met the Queen, the woman after whom she was named.
The Queen was among the first to meet Lili after she was born in a video call, People reported on June 8. “[Meghan and Harry] were very excited and couldn’t wait to share that their daughter arrived,” a source told the outlet.
Prince William to ‘sort out’ Andrew before ‘damage’ to his and Kate’s future, expert says
PRINCE WILLIAM could soon take action to sort out the Royal Family’s image amid the allegations surrounding his uncle Prince Andrew, a royal expert has warned.
Royal commentator Russell Myers featured on ITV daytime show Lorraine on Monday morning to discuss recent updates surrounding investigations into Prince Andrew. The Metropolitan Police announced they are taking no further action after a review prompted by Virginia Giuffre, who is taking legal action against the royal. Speaking about the allegations made against Andrew, Russell told host Lorraine Kelly that Prince William could soon take action to stop his uncle “damaging” the future of their family.
Lorraine said: “Prince William, we are told, thinks that his uncle Prince Andrew is an actual threat to the Royal Family.
“That’s very serious stuff, isn’t it?” the presenter added.
Russell agreed: “Very much so and I think again over the weekend there’s been an awful lot of activity over several reports.
“Now, one of the issues that was revealed was that there was a meeting in January of senior members of the Royal Family including Charles and Edward.
“They concluded, like the rest of us I imagine, that there is never a return to public life for him.
“I think he’s probably the only person in the entire world at the moment who’s clinging onto this aspect that he can return,” the royal expert said of Prince Andrew.
Russell continued: “But, Prince William will obviously be taking over one day and I think we’ve seen him sort of really come forward in terms of his new role and being trusted lieutenant of the Queen and Charles as well.
“Not only does he think that he is a threat to the Royal Family, but what really gets him was Andrew’s sense of entitlement and the way he’s handled himself through this whole saga.
“He is no fan of his uncle Andrew and that tells you quite a lot about the relationship between them and how he wants him to try and sort out this business before it damages the monarchy even further,” he explained.
Lorraine remarked: “Absolutely because that’s his future, isn’t it? We know that the royals can be ruthless if they are under threat.
“So, it’ll be fascinating to see what happens,” she added.
Russell spoke further about the MET’s decision to take no further action regarding the allegations against Prince Andrew.