“Yeah, I’m actually not on the Olympic list, so… Not that I’m aware of. If so, then I shouldn’t be on it,” Williams told reporters on the eve of Wimbledon.
The American, who will turn 40 in September, won singles gold at the London Olympics in 2012 and has also won three gold medals in doubles with sister Venus — in Sydney (2000), Beijing (2008) and London.
At the 2016 Games in Rio, Williams lost in the third round of singles to Elina Svitolina and the siblings were beaten in the first round of doubles.
Before that, they had been 15-0 as an Olympic doubles team.
“There’s a lot of reasons that I made my Olympic decision,” Williams said.
“I don’t really want to – I don’t feel like going into them today. Maybe another day. Sorry.”
Asked what it will be like to sit out the Summer Games, Williams replied: “I have not thought about it. In the past, it’s been a wonderful place for me.
“I really haven’t thought about it, so I’m going to keep not thinking about it.”
Family heartache behind Serena Williams’ decision
In May, Williams said she was unlikely to participate in the Tokyo Olympics if she wasn’t able to bring daughter Alexis Olympia with her.
“I haven’t spent 24 hours without her so that kind of answers the question itself,” said the American.
“I haven’t really thought much about Tokyo, because it was supposed to be last year and now it’s this year.
“And then there is this pandemic and there is so much to think about.
“Then there are the grand slams. It’s just a lot. So I have really been taking it one day at a time to a fault, and I definitely need to figure out my next moves.”
With overseas fans and athletes’ families now banned, it appears as though Williams’ decision was made for her.
Other top tennis players such as Rafael Nadal and Dominic Thiem also have said they’ll skip the trip to Japan, where the Olympics open on July 23, a year after being postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Roger Federer said he hasn’t decided whether to participate in the Tokyo Games and will figure that out after he sees how things go at Wimbledon.
Two-time defending Olympic singles champion Andy Murray will be going (fitness permitting) as he has been selected in the Team GB squad.
The two most important people – Venus and Olympia – wouldn’t be able to go with her. There’s no point in her playing. And how sad that Olympia is named after the Olympics but she isn’t allowed to come this year. I’m sure Serena well take her to Paris in 2024. https://t.co/eNHwISuUYR
— Justin vs. Jay Cee (Justin) (@JayCee1911) June 27, 2021
didn’t even know serena was gonna be at the olympics but i’m still sad she dropped out
— la’fred (@LustforLife__) June 27, 2021
No Serena at the Tokyo Olympics this year. I’m sad 🥲🥺
— S. Janelle (@S_JanelleB) June 27, 2021
She has done plenty. I don’t blame her. Someone new will get an opportunity. She’s the 🐐 by far. She doesn’t have anything to prove. 🇺🇸
— Matt (@Matt02172394) June 27, 2021
— 🐐The Libra Licktrician (@ExtraAssLibra) June 27, 2021
— Balasubramanian V (@Balasub80706454) June 27, 2021
Roger Federer’s mother reveals a secret about him
Lynette Federer talked about a secret of her son Roger Federer
Roger Federer will play an exhibition match in the Cape Town in South Africa,
The match will be between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal for the foundation of Federer.
The tickets were sold in minutes and they expect to break Tennis’s most attendance match by 50,000 fans.
Last year, Federer and Zverev broke the record with 43,000 fans in Mexico and in February
He will do it with Nadal.
Meanwhile, Roger Federer’s mother is happy about the match and to play in her country,
read, Roger Federer’s Mother talks about the next Match of Africa in Cape Town
She revealed a secret of her son and it might be one of the reasons of why He’s still playing Tennis.
“What amazes me most is the fire and zeal with which he is involved,”
“He still jokes in the dressing room with his opponents, playing a trick or two on them.“
“Somehow he is still there with almost childlike joy. That’s a good sign.”
Roger Federer will be playing an exhibition match on the 15th of January in Australia
to donate and help the bushfire victims, Rafael Nadal will join the match and many more stars as well.
Moreover, Maria Sharapova and Novak Djokovic donated $50,000 as She challenged him on Twitter.
Novak Djokovic father attack Roger Federer ‘he can go home’
This time, Novak Djokovic Father mentioned that Roger Federer doesnt’ want to retire
just because He can not accept that Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal will be better than him.
“Why is this happening with Federer, who is still the most successful and best tennis player in the world?”
“That is a fact according to the results, which will not be for a long time. Because he cultivates so much animosity towards Novak.
Moreover, Srdan suggested that Roger Federer can go home and to more interesting things.
“They have developed a kind of respect over the years, but why do you think he still plays at 40?”
“Imagine that, a 40-year-old man still plays tennis, when he can go home and do some more interesting things.”
“But since both Nadal and Novak are breathing down his neck, he simply cannot accept the fact that they will be better than him.
“Go, man, raise children, do something else, go ski, do something. Tennis is not your whole life,”
“It is just my son’s current hobby. He is only a tennis player at the moment.”
Read, Roger Federer refuses to play in Saudi Arabia for one reason
Novak Djokovic father attack Roger Federer he can go home
Back to Monte Carlo 2008 where Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer met in the S-Finals,
Roger Federer told Djokovic team to Be quite after they were talking about a long ball.
and not for so long, Novak Djokovic Father besides his wife started saying tough comments about Roger Federer.
And from the other side, Roger Federer never replied to the Serbian Couples to let their comments only in the media.
Nick Kyrgios tells Novak Djokovic’s father not to ‘push the blame’ onto Grigor Dimitrov
The fallout from the Adria Tour continues with Nick Kyrgios hitting back at Novak Djokovic’s father for trying to “push the blame” onto Grigor Dimitrov following a string of positive coronavirus tests.
The controversial tournament, the brainchild of 17-time Grand Slam winner Djokovic, took place in Serbia and Croatia despite the Covid-19 pandemic.
Players and fans did not wear facemasks during events and did not adhere to social distance rules with Djokovic insisting that they were following guidelines set out by the Serbia government.
The first big bombshell dropped on Sunday evening when world No 19 Dimitrov confirmed he returned a positive coronavirus test after returning home to Monaco, and Borna Coric and Viktor Troicki also tested positive, but the latter two were still in Croatia.
World No 1 Djokovic added his name to the list when he announced on Tuesday that both he and his wife Jelena tested positive for Covid-19 after they flew back to Serbia.
Opinion: Reckless Novak Djokovic paying the ultimate price for his vanity project
His father, Srdjan, was unimpressed by Dimitrov and blamed the Bulgarian.
“Why did it happen? Because that man probably came sick, who knows from where,” Djokovic Sr. said of Dimitrov on RTL Croatia TV.
“He didn’t test here, he tested somewhere else … I think that’s not fair.
“He inflicted damage to both Croatia and to us as a family in Serbia.
“Nobody is feeling well because of this situation.”
Kyrgios, who has been very outspoken about the Adria Tour, hit back at Srdjan in an Instagram Story as he wrote ” don’t push the blame”.