Connect with us

Latest News

“I would love to see him go out winning Wimbledon” – Chris Evert on Roger Federer’s potential retirement

Published

on

Following his long-awaited return to competitive tennis, Roger Federer has claimed that his main goals for the 2021 season are Wimbledon and the Tokyo Olympics.

The Swiss has struggled to find his best form since his comeback from injury. Early exits in Geneva and Halle have raised concerns over his level of play and prompted speculation that the Swiss could soon call time on his decorated career.

Eighteen-time Grand Slam champion and former World No. 1 Chris Evert has revealed she would love to see the Swiss legend go out on a high by capturing a ninth Wimbledon trophy this year.

“I would love to see him go out winning Wimbledon,” Evert told Tennis.com. “But if he reached the quarters or semis and stopped, to me he would still be going out on top.”
After losing his second match in Doha following a 13-month hiatus due to injury, Federer bowed out at the very first hurdle on his claycourt return in Geneva. The 39-year-old then had a solid showing at Roland Garros, where he won three rounds before withdrawing to protect his body ahead of the grass season.

His Wimbledon preparations suffered a huge setback when he lost to Felix Auger-Aliassime in the second round at Halle, marking his earliest-ever exit in the event, where he is a 10-time champion.

Felix fires past Federer 👀

A huge win for 20 y/o 🇨🇦 @felixtennis who defeats 10x @ATPHalle champion Roger Federer 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 👏 #NoventiOpen pic.twitter.com/5tQfM7aQ2J— ATP Tour (@atptour) June 16, 2021
Evert pointed to her own career and claimed she decided to quit when she was no longer in the “race for Grand Slams.”

“I was in the top three for 18 years of my pro career,” the 66-year-old said. “But after 1986, I just felt that I wasn’t in the race for majors anymore. And my whole career I was in that race. So it wasn’t a struggle to quit.”
Evert also questioned how much Roger Federer still has in the tank after more than two decades on the tour.

“I don’t know how much he (Federer) has mentally,” the American said. “I know his body cannot play a full year. He loves the game, though. He hung in, trained hard, went through two surgeries over a year just to keep playing and to try to do well at Wimbledon. I just wish he had more matches going in. He needs more matches.”

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Entertainment

Roger Federer’s mother reveals a secret about him

Published

on

Lynette Federer talked about a secret of her son Roger Federer
Roger Federer will play an exhibition match in the Cape Town in South Africa,

The match will be between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal for the foundation of Federer.

The tickets were sold in minutes and they expect to break Tennis’s most attendance match by 50,000 fans.

Last year, Federer and Zverev broke the record with 43,000 fans in Mexico and in February
He will do it with Nadal.

Meanwhile, Roger Federer’s mother is happy about the match and to play in her country,

read, Roger Federer’s Mother talks about the next Match of Africa in Cape Town

She revealed a secret of her son and it might be one of the reasons of why He’s still playing Tennis.

“What amazes me most is the fire and zeal with which he is involved,”

“He still jokes in the dressing room with his opponents, playing a trick or two on them.“

“Somehow he is still there with almost childlike joy. That’s a good sign.”

Roger Federer will be playing an exhibition match on the 15th of January in Australia

to donate and help the bushfire victims, Rafael Nadal will join the match and many more stars as well.

Moreover, Maria Sharapova and Novak Djokovic donated $50,000 as She challenged him on Twitter.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Novak Djokovic father attack Roger Federer ‘he can go home’

Published

on

This time, Novak Djokovic Father mentioned that Roger Federer doesnt’ want to retire

just because He can not accept that Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal will be better than him.

“Why is this happening with Federer, who is still the most successful and best tennis player in the world?”

“That is a fact according to the results, which will not be for a long time. Because he cultivates so much animosity towards Novak.

Moreover, Srdan suggested that Roger Federer can go home and to more interesting things.
“They have developed a kind of respect over the years, but why do you think he still plays at 40?”

“Imagine that, a 40-year-old man still plays tennis, when he can go home and do some more interesting things.”

“But since both Nadal and Novak are breathing down his neck, he simply cannot accept the fact that they will be better than him.

“Go, man, raise children, do something else, go ski, do something. Tennis is not your whole life,”

“It is just my son’s current hobby. He is only a tennis player at the moment.”

Read, Roger Federer refuses to play in Saudi Arabia for one reason

Novak Djokovic father attack Roger Federer he can go home

Back to Monte Carlo 2008 where Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer met in the S-Finals,

Roger Federer told Djokovic team to Be quite after they were talking about a long ball.

and not for so long, Novak Djokovic Father besides his wife started saying tough comments about Roger Federer.

And from the other side, Roger Federer never replied to the Serbian Couples to let their comments only in the media.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Nick Kyrgios tells Novak Djokovic’s father not to ‘push the blame’ onto Grigor Dimitrov

Published

on

The fallout from the Adria Tour continues with Nick Kyrgios hitting back at Novak Djokovic’s father for trying to “push the blame” onto Grigor Dimitrov following a string of positive coronavirus tests.

The controversial tournament, the brainchild of 17-time Grand Slam winner Djokovic, took place in Serbia and Croatia despite the Covid-19 pandemic.

Players and fans did not wear facemasks during events and did not adhere to social distance rules with Djokovic insisting that they were following guidelines set out by the Serbia government.

The first big bombshell dropped on Sunday evening when world No 19 Dimitrov confirmed he returned a positive coronavirus test after returning home to Monaco, and Borna Coric and Viktor Troicki also tested positive, but the latter two were still in Croatia.

World No 1 Djokovic added his name to the list when he announced on Tuesday that both he and his wife Jelena tested positive for Covid-19 after they flew back to Serbia.

Opinion: Reckless Novak Djokovic paying the ultimate price for his vanity project

His father, Srdjan, was unimpressed by Dimitrov and blamed the Bulgarian.

“Why did it happen? Because that man probably came sick, who knows from where,” Djokovic Sr. said of Dimitrov on RTL Croatia TV.

“He didn’t test here, he tested somewhere else … I think that’s not fair.

“He inflicted damage to both Croatia and to us as a family in Serbia.

“Nobody is feeling well because of this situation.”

Kyrgios, who has been very outspoken about the Adria Tour, hit back at Srdjan in an Instagram Story as he wrote ” don’t push the blame”.

Continue Reading

Adevert




Copyright © 2021 World Celeb Zone. All rights reserved.

%d bloggers like this: