Connect with us

Entertainment

Roger Federer: ‘We were shocked, but we know the reason of course’

Published

on

Over the span of two decades, there are many Roger Federer records that will stand the test of time and one of those statistics is his serve. Although the Swiss star is not the fastest server on the men’s tour, he maintained pinpoint accuracy throughout the years in service games.

As age advanced, Federer slowed down his serve and relied on his variety. He began to use the kick serve to good effect. Including serve and volley in his style of play also helped the Swiss star to score points on the turf. In addition, the Swiss master won about 60% of the points with his second serve on grass courts.

In the all-time standings, Federer was just behind Milos Raonic in second serve winning percentage. This statistic shows that it can overcome adversity on grass better than the other two surfaces. Again, it is impossible to predict Federer’s chances at Wimbledon this year due to the limited number of matches he played.

But if the Swiss star can serve as he used to on center court, anything is possible. Next-generation players fighting on grass courts could open doors for Federer.

Federer was “shocked” at Wimbledon’s cancelation
Many new-generation players such as Alexander Zverev, Stefanos Tsitispas and Felix Auger-Aliassime have shown in recent years that they are comfortable playing on clay instead.

grass. While a top-tier player is expected to adapt to all three surfaces to become legendary, these young players have yet to make their mark on the courts at Wimbledon. As a result of his first round outings at SW19 in recent years, Roger Federer does not have to be any different from the competition of next generation players.

COVID-19 had brought tennis to a standstill for around six months last year, with many tournaments getting postponed or canceled. Wimbledon was one of the premier events that was called off altogether, even as other Slams decided to change their schedules.

“Last year everything happened very quickly,” said Roger Federer. “After Indian Wells cancellation we were all trying to understand how the situation would evolve. Few weeks later Wimbledon was canceled and we were shocked, but we know the reason of course.”

On Wednesday the 39-year-old spoke about the difficulties of his rehabilitation period, and pointed out how playing on tour is not as easy as it once was. “The rehab process was a huge challenge for me,” Federer said.

“Everybody who has had multiple surgeries knows what I’m talking about. Things don’t come easy anymore and that’s sometimes is the major concern.”

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Entertainment

Roger Federer’s mother reveals a secret about him

Published

on

Lynette Federer talked about a secret of her son Roger Federer
Roger Federer will play an exhibition match in the Cape Town in South Africa,

The match will be between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal for the foundation of Federer.

The tickets were sold in minutes and they expect to break Tennis’s most attendance match by 50,000 fans.

Last year, Federer and Zverev broke the record with 43,000 fans in Mexico and in February
He will do it with Nadal.

Meanwhile, Roger Federer’s mother is happy about the match and to play in her country,

read, Roger Federer’s Mother talks about the next Match of Africa in Cape Town

She revealed a secret of her son and it might be one of the reasons of why He’s still playing Tennis.

“What amazes me most is the fire and zeal with which he is involved,”

“He still jokes in the dressing room with his opponents, playing a trick or two on them.“

“Somehow he is still there with almost childlike joy. That’s a good sign.”

Roger Federer will be playing an exhibition match on the 15th of January in Australia

to donate and help the bushfire victims, Rafael Nadal will join the match and many more stars as well.

Moreover, Maria Sharapova and Novak Djokovic donated $50,000 as She challenged him on Twitter.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Novak Djokovic father attack Roger Federer ‘he can go home’

Published

on

This time, Novak Djokovic Father mentioned that Roger Federer doesnt’ want to retire

just because He can not accept that Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal will be better than him.

“Why is this happening with Federer, who is still the most successful and best tennis player in the world?”

“That is a fact according to the results, which will not be for a long time. Because he cultivates so much animosity towards Novak.

Moreover, Srdan suggested that Roger Federer can go home and to more interesting things.
“They have developed a kind of respect over the years, but why do you think he still plays at 40?”

“Imagine that, a 40-year-old man still plays tennis, when he can go home and do some more interesting things.”

“But since both Nadal and Novak are breathing down his neck, he simply cannot accept the fact that they will be better than him.

“Go, man, raise children, do something else, go ski, do something. Tennis is not your whole life,”

“It is just my son’s current hobby. He is only a tennis player at the moment.”

Read, Roger Federer refuses to play in Saudi Arabia for one reason

Novak Djokovic father attack Roger Federer he can go home

Back to Monte Carlo 2008 where Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer met in the S-Finals,

Roger Federer told Djokovic team to Be quite after they were talking about a long ball.

and not for so long, Novak Djokovic Father besides his wife started saying tough comments about Roger Federer.

And from the other side, Roger Federer never replied to the Serbian Couples to let their comments only in the media.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Nick Kyrgios tells Novak Djokovic’s father not to ‘push the blame’ onto Grigor Dimitrov

Published

on

The fallout from the Adria Tour continues with Nick Kyrgios hitting back at Novak Djokovic’s father for trying to “push the blame” onto Grigor Dimitrov following a string of positive coronavirus tests.

The controversial tournament, the brainchild of 17-time Grand Slam winner Djokovic, took place in Serbia and Croatia despite the Covid-19 pandemic.

Players and fans did not wear facemasks during events and did not adhere to social distance rules with Djokovic insisting that they were following guidelines set out by the Serbia government.

The first big bombshell dropped on Sunday evening when world No 19 Dimitrov confirmed he returned a positive coronavirus test after returning home to Monaco, and Borna Coric and Viktor Troicki also tested positive, but the latter two were still in Croatia.

World No 1 Djokovic added his name to the list when he announced on Tuesday that both he and his wife Jelena tested positive for Covid-19 after they flew back to Serbia.

Opinion: Reckless Novak Djokovic paying the ultimate price for his vanity project

His father, Srdjan, was unimpressed by Dimitrov and blamed the Bulgarian.

“Why did it happen? Because that man probably came sick, who knows from where,” Djokovic Sr. said of Dimitrov on RTL Croatia TV.

“He didn’t test here, he tested somewhere else … I think that’s not fair.

“He inflicted damage to both Croatia and to us as a family in Serbia.

“Nobody is feeling well because of this situation.”

Kyrgios, who has been very outspoken about the Adria Tour, hit back at Srdjan in an Instagram Story as he wrote ” don’t push the blame”.

Continue Reading

Adevert




Copyright © 2021 World Celeb Zone. All rights reserved.

%d bloggers like this: