Connect with us

Latest News

‘Very sad’: Tennis world ‘gutted’ by Rafael Nadal announcement

Published

on

Tennis fans have been left devastated after 20-time grand slam winner Rafael Nadal announced that he would not be taking part in this year’s Wimbledon or the Olympic Games.

The 20-time grand slam champion admitted it was an incredibly tough decision to make but said it was the right call if he wants to prolong his career.

Nadal will miss out on the chance to play for a record-breaking 21st grand slam title at the All England Club as he aims to protect his body from potentially longer term injuries.

The 35-year-old, who won the last of his two titles at the All England Club in 2010, revealed the news on his Twitter feed on Thursday.

Hi all, I have decided not to participate at this year’s Championships at Wimbledon and the Olympic Games in Tokyo. It’s never an easy decision to take but after listening to my body and discuss it with my team I understand that it is the right decision

— Rafa Nadal (@RafaelNadal) June 17, 2021

He wrote: “Hi all, I have decided not to participate at this year’s Championships at Wimbledon and the Olympic Games in Tokyo.

“It’s never an easy decision to take but after listening to my body and discuss it with my team I understand that it is the right decision.”

Advertisement

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headlines

Question looms over Vanessa Bryant lawsuit against Los Angeles County: What does she want?

Published

on

The widow of Kobe Bryant wants retribution for what happened last year after her husband and daughter died in a helicopter crash.

But what kind of retribution? And how much?

Vanessa Bryant is suing Los Angeles County, accusing county sheriff’s and fire department employees of improperly sharing photos of dead bodies from the site of the crash that killed nine, including the NBA legend.

As the case heads to trial in February, perhaps the biggest question hovering above it is what her goal is for it.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Headlines

Andy Murray’s wedding ring and shoes returned following Indian Wells disappearance

Published

on

Andy Murray’s wedding ring and tennis shoes have been recovered after they seemingly disappeared in the California desert.

The three-time major winner is preparing for action at the BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells and left his tennis shoes outside underneath his car to dry out overnight – but they were nowhere to be seen when he returned in the morning.

And it was only when his physio asked about his wedding band that he realised he had left the ring tied to his shoes.

In an Instagram video posted late on Thursday, which was shared on Twitter by the ATP Tour Murray said: “I just want to send a quick message to say a huge thanks for all the messages and also to everyone for sharing the story about the shoes and the wedding ring.

“(I) had to make a few calls today and chat to the security at the hotel and everything.

“Little update for everyone,” he said as he raised the shoes into view.

“Would you believe it, they still absolutely stink but the shoes are back, the wedding ring is back and I’m back in the good books. Let’s go.”

The shoes are back. 👟
The ring is back. 💍

Let’s go, @andy_murray!!! 💪#BNPPO21 pic.twitter.com/hA5VKX98mm

— ATP Tour (@atptour) October 7, 2021

In an earlier post, Murray light-heartedly appealed for the return of the ring – to help him smooth things over with his frustrated wife.

He explained leaving his shoes to dry out under his car as “I have no balcony in my room and I didn’t want to leave them in my room as it would stink the room out”.

Murray married his long-term girlfriend Kim Sears in 2015 at Dunblane Cathedral. The couple now have four children.

The Scot is due to play France’s Adrian Mannarino in the first round at Indian Wells on Friday.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Headlines

NASCAR Star Has Brutally Honest Admission On Michael Jordan

Published

on

Legendary Chicago Bulls star Michael Jordan has a very commanding presence, both on and off the basketball court.

In recent years, Jordan has gotten involved in other sports, namely NASCAR. The NBA Hall of Famer is part owner of 23XI Racing, which is co-owned by Denny Hamlin.

The NASCAR team features Bubba Wallace and is adding Kurt Busch for the 2022 season.

Busch, a veteran NASCAR driver, had a brutally honest admission on his meeting with Jordan.

“I mean he is the GOAT. The situation, the way it all came together, it was this impressive meeting out in Sonoma earlier this summer. Right away, I got along with him. Just with the way he was chill but also presented this aura about him. ‘We will win. We are here to win. This is what this is about,’” Busch remembered in an interview with SiriusXM. “And it was like, ‘Yes sir.’ He’s like, ‘Don’t call me sir.’ I said, ‘Alright, let’s win.’”

Busch is excited to get going for 23XI Racing.

“It was just easy right away to piece together what the contract is,” he recalled. “Monster Energy was incredibly excited about it. Toyota, they were the ones behind the scenes, kind of pushing for a veteran to jump in the program and move the needle with 23XI. I’ve raced a long time for a lot of different legendary owners and Hall of Famers in NASCAR. MJ definitely has a different presence about him.”

The 2022 season should be a fun one.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Adevert




Copyright © 2021 World Celeb Zone. All rights reserved.